Methotrexate

Posted Tue 15 Oct 2019 22.09 by Gmcg76

Hi everyone recently diagnosed and prescribed methotrexate. Has anyone suffered side effects on this? I'm very concerned about them. Also can I continue to take painkillers along with it? I know anti inflammatory drugs arent recommended. Thanks

Posted Wed 16 Oct 2019 17.16 by Weezy

Hi I’ve been on Methotrexate for 3 doses/weeks so far. No side effects apart from a cough that isn’t too bad so I think it’s more down to timing rather than because of the Methotrexate. I was told to stay on my other meds Amitryptaline, Co-Codamol, Meloxicam, Montelukast and Omeperazole plus inhalers until I see the rheumatologist in 3 months. If you are not sure call the Rhuematology nurse for advice. Good luck 😉

Posted Fri 18 Oct 2019 00.58 by Andy

Hi,i was in Methotrexate several months ago,was on it for four weeks and was told to have weekly blood tests at doctors to keep a check on liver function, as it can damage the liver.was told a normal liver function count is around 30, mine had risen to 600 and was having really bad side effects,so i had to stop taking it,cleared up my psoriasis brilliant,but soon as i stopped taking drug it came back twice as bad

Posted Sat 19 Oct 2019 16.54 by Elspeth

Im on Methotrexate for 8 weeks building up to the full 20mg dose from next week and OK so far . Presume its taking a while to have much of an effect as I'm not yet on the full dose - pains in my hand haven't got any worse but not much better either

Posted Thu 31 Oct 2019 18.09 by Craddock 123

Have been on Methotrexate for around 6 months and it has proven very effective.Only down side is not being able to take anti-inflammatory medication especially as am suffering with bursitis at the moment.

Posted Sat 2 Nov 2019 14.42 by Doreen
Hello I have asthma Psoriatic arthritis Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia

Yes nausea and vomiting I had to stop them,iam now taking Leflunomide 10mg a day already feeling dizzy and nauseous but will stick with it,because my nurse said it's one of the common side effects and will hopefully past.

To take part, sign in or register with us