Face psoriasis.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 2019 00.28 by Ryan1993

For the last few weeks now I have been suffering with really bad flare ups on my face, especially around my nose and chin, anyone got any recommendations on creams/gels/lotions?

Posted Tue 22 Oct 2019 16.35 by Ani

I have been using argan oil to treat my symptoms for the past 1 year now. Worked wonders to my skin. Although, you need to be careful which argan oil you pick because there are is a lot of fake stuff out there. Hope this helps!

Posted Fri 25 Oct 2019 19.29 by Helping Hand

This may, nor may not apply as it depends on your diagnosis, however I've mainly had psoriasis on my arms, elbows, knee, goin area (sigh); recently it had moved to my neck and face, it was extremely aggressive to the point where I couldn't open my eyes as it was all over my eyelids too. I was given cream to address this that didn't seem to work, and to be honest, it didn't feel like 'normal' psoriasis as there was a lot more burning and irritation, although it did present as psoriasis, especially with the red blotches and dryness. I thought something didn't seem right and went back to the doctor, and it would appear this was / is an allergic reaction, I don't know what from and that's what I need to discover. I've been given antihistamines and within a day of taking the symptoms have subsided and the reddening has gone significantly. I appreciate this may not be much help, however if the flare up has been aggressive and you're getting a lot of itching, although it presents as psoriasis, it may be something different too. Good luck and keep us updated.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 2019 20.27 by Teacake

Hi, I’ve had psoriasis on my arms, legs and body for over 30 years. I’ve just had a baby and had a severe breakout of psoriasis on my face, neck and hands. For the past couple of nights I’ve used a simple sheet mask and it’s done wonders in about to put another one on. I’ve used the de-stress sheet mask and pollution protect sheet mask. I think the key ingredient is niacinamide so I’ve been applying the ordinary niacinamide serum on a morning. Hope this helps - If you come across anything else please keep me posted!

Posted Fri 8 Nov 2019 19.14 by Livingwithpsoriasis

Hi Ryan, I’ve spoken about a natural cream on a few post which really works wonders for me, and tbh it’s the only cream, except steroid cream, where I’ve noticed and big difference in flare ups! Its a natural psoriasis treatment cream from La Lune Noire, ive just checked their website and its still on sale for £12. well worth a try, I think I’m on my 3rd or 4th jar now - love it! I only get flare ups on my face and arms and it really helps to calm my skin. hope this helps, Jess x

To take part, sign in or register with us