Calcipotriol scalp solution

Posted Sun 17 Nov 2019 12.59 by Em_Lou94

Hi, Has anyone used Calcipotriol scalp solution? My doctor recently prescribed me it but did not tell me how to use it. On the leaflet it says use as instructed by your doctor. How long do you leave the solution on your scalp before washing off? Does it need to be on wet or dry scalp? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Posted Sun 17 Nov 2019 15.14 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 17 Nov 2019 15.14 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

If you ask the pharmacist, they should be able to advise also. From the patient info leaflet online, it say follow doctor's advice but also gives general guidelines: "Calcipotriol scalp solution should be applied twice each day, in the morning and evening. The solution will quickly dry after it has been applied." "The manufacturer's instructions state that you should not use more than a maximum amount of calcipotriol, as otherwise you may get too much calcium in your blood which can cause side-effects. Do not use more than: 100 g of calcipotriol ointment per week for adults. 60 ml of calcipotriol scalp solution per week for adults." good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us