Support Systems

Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 10.25 by zeddey98

Hello, I have been reading through these posts and I am desperate for some help! I am 21, my psoriasis flared up in June of this year. I had never had psoriasis before! It quickly spread my full body, including my face, ears and scalp. I have had 24 UVB treatments and I am set to start Methotrexate, Ciclosporin and another immunosuppressant that I can't remember the name of! I was removed from uni due to my condition (with no warning, one day I was in the next I was out) so I had to find the first job to fall into my hands to keep my flat. I work a stressful job, I live in a new city where I don't really know anyone and I am certainly the only 21-year-old I know who is going on immunosuppressants 6 months after diagnosis. I feel like giving up a lot of the time, I think its due to having no self-confidence and no friends I can talk to about it, let alone who can relate to me. I'm desperate for a bit more of a support system as everyone seems to think its "just a skin thing" but its affecting my entire life, especially as I am no longer allowed to complete my degree. Does anyone know of any services or have any ideas of who I can turn to and what I can do about this? (I am already on the waiting list for counselling) I am just so fed up and I really want to find some solutions. TIA x

To take part, sign in or register with us