First time

Posted Mon 16 Dec 2019 18.21 by Claire

Hi, I’ve just been to the doctors who have said I have psoriasis, I’d never heard of it until today and I have no idea about it, I tried google and all I got was it was connected to cancer and now I’m in a huge panicky state, was just wondering if someone could shed some light? X

Posted Mon 16 Dec 2019 22.13 by zeebujha

Hello. Psoriasis is an inflammatory condition in which the immune system of the body goes a bit haywire. It is quite a common dermatological condtion with upto 2-3% of the world population affected!( that is millions of people). No it is not always related to cancer. The cancer is psoriasis is mostly related to the immunosuppresants used to treat it rather than the condtion itself. I know being diagnosed with psoriasis is a lot to take in but it gets easier with time. Relax and don't too take too much stress as stress makes psoriasis worse :D

Posted Wed 8 Jan 2020 10.10 by raja123

Hi Claire It is more of a digestive disorder , since you recently got it , you can control it by eating proper food , please avoid sugar and processed foods , that should keep psoriasis at bay , Get a blood work done and check for Vitamin D and B12 levels , many say these can be the cause . There are lot of resourses on internet , inspire.com, AIP diet , Taking Bile salts with each meal will help .

To take part, sign in or register with us