COSENTYX

Posted Mon 23 Dec 2019 21.43 by KatenicolW

Hi all, I have recently started taking Cosentyx (secukinumab) I take them every week for 4 weeks then it’s a monthly injection. The start of last week my right glands was swollen and now my throat feels like I’m swallowing glass, it’s only on one side. It’s sticking out quite abit inside my mouth. I’m just sick. I had to come off humira because I took poorly and had Neutropenic sepsis. I’m not going to take my 4th injection on Wednesday as it’s clear I have infection. Has anybody else had this with Cosentyx? My psoarsis has almost cleared so that’s a bonus! But just feel like ripping the right side of my throat and neck off 😂

Posted Sun 29 Dec 2019 19.00 by Davieg74

Hi there I’ve had psoriasis now for 33 years and was looking into trying Cosentyx injections but don’t know enough about it so your post is of great info for me if you have any further info it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sun 29 Dec 2019 20.14 by KatenicolW

Hi! So I’ve had X3 injections and my psoarsis has basically all gone! I was severely covered in it all over my scalp so thick I never thought it would go! And my body has nearly cleared up! So you should definitely give it a go as it’s only been 4 weeks! The only side effect I had was the swollen glands which I’ve had to have antibiotics for so I haven’t been able to take my 5th injection yet until I’m off these tablets. Any questions let me know hope this helps

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2019 01.23 by Jake93

Hi please can anyone tell me what's the difference between cosentyx and methotrexate?

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2019 09.13 by Davieg74

Jake93 I have been on methotrexate it was tablet form and pretty much had to change a lot in my life no alcohol at all as could cause unrepairable damage to your liver had to have bloods checked constant for ALT levels in my liver if they get too high it’s not good I was taken off them as my levels went sky high had same issue on neotigason excuse spelling can’t answer on the cosentyx as not tried this uk NHS not great at giving it out as they say it cost £10,000 a year per patient

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2019 09.18 by Davieg74

KatenicolW Are there similar things need to be cut out of lifestyle with these injections ie Alcohol and diet change. I don’t really drink anyway only when I’m on holiday or during the festive season but could not do this at all with other medications. If it works I am happy never to touch drink again if required as it’s not a huge deal for me

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2019 09.51 by KatenicolW

Jake 93 - I was on methotrexate too it did absolutely nothing for my psoarsis and it made me feel horrible 24/7. It’s a horrible drug I would advise anyway to stay away from that. Davieg - no not really, I still drink alcohol whenever I like and my bloods aren’t getting effected to the point where I need to come off the drug. Every thing in moderation I think, I didn’t get told anything about changing my diet either, I’m honestly just living a normal life, you really should try it. Obviously you just need to be careful of side effects. I’m only 24 so my body could be coping with the drug a lot better than say a 50 year old might

Posted Fri 15 Jan 2021 00.08 by David

Hi,have psoriasis for 30 years now. .After being on methotrexate for 2 years. Had problems with bloods. Put onto Cosentyx and was 80 percent clear in 5 weeks ,99 percent in 2 months . Changed my life. Had dry eyes for a while and used prescribed eye drops struggled a little with bright lights but that eased off in time.

To take part, sign in or register with us