Eyelid psoriasis - treatment?

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2019 14.03 by Dave_23

Hi all. Just looking for a bit of advice if anyone has any useful info/tips. Psoriasis sufferer since 2001 (broke out when 16). Mainly on legs, arms, scalp and torso and dermatologist badges as moderate psoriasis. Treatement over the years has been UVB, Silkis, Dovobet and now using Enstilar Foam. All used intermittently but have all worked well in past but psoriasis has never fully gone away. About a week ago I had what I thought was a stye on my lower left eyelid but it turns out to be a psoriasis lesion. Itches like crazy and scales over / flakes every 48 hours or so. My first ever breakout of any kind on my face. Question is how do you go about treating eyelid psoriasis at home? Too close to eyes for UV (have my own lamp) and can't imagine using steroid based Enstilar on eyelids is advisable. Just after anyones advise and experience of plaques on eyelids and any tips on how to shift if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2019 22.23 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I used dovobet on mine. BUT I only put the faintest smear on my finger - little more than a glossy sheen, and applied that to the eyelid. Do NOT get anything in your eye. I have never used or seen enstilar but it might be too liquid to apply in a controlled manner. BUT (another one), speak to your GP or dermatologist first before putting a steroid on the face and especially sensitive skin near the eyes. It can harm you.

Posted Mon 20 Jan 2020 23.47 by lukehemingway

Good evening, I also suffer with it in my eye lids, under the eyes and i found using Eumovate, a mild steroid cream from the doctors/pharmacy, works wonders for me. I add a tiny bit when it flares and making sure i’m being careful not to get it in the actual eye. I hope that may help you too! Luke

Posted Thu 23 Jan 2020 07.44 by Mary1968

Hello I cleared up my eyelid psoriasis by dabbing on a little bit of Jurlique Calendula Cream, daily for around 10 days. A little goes a long way, so get the salesperson to show you how to pat it on (you dab and pat rather than rub). Calendula is a very well-known herbal treatment for psoriasis Completely safe to use on the eyelid You can buy it online, or from the beauty counter at most large department stores or chemists. Makes a nice moisturizer for sunburnt, dry or chapped skin too Hope that helps

Posted Thu 23 Jan 2020 09.46 by OhNo_NotAgain?

https://www.healthline.com/health/calendula-oil I think it is stretching things to say that calendula oil is a very well known treatment for psoriasis. However it is unlikely to cause harm, so some might wish to try it.

Posted Thu 23 Jan 2020 19.47 by Mary1968

Lol. Well actually it is a VERY WELL KNOWN treatment for psoriasis This is in NO way a stretch of the imagination I have studied herbal medicine for several years now and it is in most of the literature and research papers. Been known about for several hundred years. I would however avoid using the oil and stick to a cream or balm instead It is very easy to make a home too and have the recipe if you need it. But does take at least six weeks to make so the buying the brand I suggested is quicker. Cheers

Posted Thu 23 Jan 2020 22.25 by Dave_23

Hi all. Thanks for responses. Really appreciated and useful for the future. Didn't want to risk a steroid based as scale was right inside the eye lid but ended up using Childs Farm Baby Moisturiser for a week and it fully disappeared. Will discuss next time i see dermatologist and any tips will info will share on here.

Posted Sun 2 Feb 2020 19.19 by JK

Hi I hve recently been using lionstail pure organic calendula cream as an emollient for psoriasis and found it much more soothing than any of the prescribed ointments or anything ott. trouble is is is pricey but worth it for the relief from burning skin

Posted Fri 14 Feb 2020 21.25 by Jadeyous

I put dovabet on mine I also have it in the corner of my eye by my nose but I put the smallest bit on very faintly, and only every couple of days or I use hydrocortisone on my face as well

Posted Sat 15 Feb 2020 06.58 by Tim

I also use a bit of dovobet . I was a bit concerned as the bottle says not to use it near your eyes. Both my GP and my ophthalmologist said not to worry.

To take part, sign in or register with us