New to PSA Steriod Injection / Methotrexate

Posted Wed 22 Jan 2020 10.50 by Melissa O

Hi I am waiting to see Rhm Doctor again as suspected PSA. They left it up to me to see which drug to try. I was given a steriod injection and noticed stright away no pain in joints not swollen felt amazing lots of energy, then after 10 days of feeling great I am now back to where I was, no energy hurting and very low. Is it possible to get the same effect from taking Methotrexate ? And can you go into remmision ( Pain Free) if drug works ? Do they help with fatigue? Sorry for all questions! I am very scared to take the drug as well, but really want to feel well again. HELP!

Posted Thu 23 Jan 2020 19.49 by Mac

Hi Melissa. The boost from the steroid injection is good, and the millage you get from it will vary from one to the other. The next one you get might do longer or sadly less. Sadly you won't get the same affect from MTX, but I will say MTX is good. No it's not a cure but will settle things down greatly. Remember each person reacts differently to drugs, what works for one might not work for others. Also it will take MTX a while to help, could be weeks or months. I was on MTX 20mg for years till the start of last year my liver shot a way up, had to come of it for a while then back on it at a lower dose 15mg. Sadly my luck ran out just before Christmas, and i'm of it now and paying the price for it too. I really miss the MTX and would go back on it in the morning if they'd let me.

To take part, sign in or register with us