Additional Pain

Posted Sat 25 Jan 2020 12.06 by HPBug

Hi everyone. New to the forum and this is my first post. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis around 10 months ago. I was started on Methotrexate but it caused me so many problems and my liver function was poor. Am now on Leflunomide, which doesn't seem to be as effective but I've not been on it long so need to give it a chance. The worst of my pain is in my knees and ankles. I just wonder if anyone else who suffers with their knees and ankles also experience pain behind the knee? I have quite severe pain behind my knee and don't want to just assume it is caused by the arthritis but am well aware it could be. I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing? Is it normal? Well, as normal as this can be? Thanks everyone. Hayley

Posted Sat 25 Jan 2020 16.04 by Mac (edited Sat 25 Jan 2020 16.06 by Mac)

Hi HPBug. I suffer greatly with knee and ankle pain, with the knees I get swelling above and below the knee caps, but no pain behind the knee. They also have a tendency too give away with no notice, rather embarrassing when in public or worse still crowded place. If they have been giving out a lot I would have an achy tired pain (if you know what I mean) through the knee. Just thinking if you meant behind the knee cap, then yes I would experience pain behind the knee cap.

Posted Sat 25 Jan 2020 16.34 by HPBug

Hi Mac Thanks for your reply. The pain I have is like a constant dull ache. Think I may need to get it checked out by a GP to be on the safe side. Thanks again Hayley

Posted Sat 25 Jan 2020 16.41 by Mac

Yep it's always better to get these things check out Hayley, especially if it's been going on for a while. Hopefully the Leflunomide will start to help, these things can take a while sadly.

Posted Fri 31 Jan 2020 15.43 by Moonunit

I was diagnosed with psa about 4 years ago. Although I haven't experienced any swelling I get pain all around my knees, especially the right one. Sometimes the pain is on the kneecap but more often a more muscular feeling pain just above the knee or on the side of it, the inside of my leg. I also get pain in my ankles and feet. The toes ache and the arch and heel of my right foot are especially troublesome, with plantar fasciitis syymptoms. Although you don't mention other areas in you post Hayley, I also have pain in my right elbow which is identical to golfers elbow, and pain in my fingers and wrists. Neck and lower back also give me problems. My pains seem to be more related to muscles or tendons and my calves and thighs are often tight and painful. I get a lot of sudden, sharp pains in all the areas I've listed. Hope that helps!

Posted Sun 16 Feb 2020 17.37 by Sandorpsor1

Hi mates I have pain in my knees and I have a psoriasis on my scalp, itchy etc. I cant believe that it is not treatable. I suggest lets discover the source of our problems in the leaky bowel syndrome. As I am a Hungarian but live in uk I have listened a presentation about the lbs how is it in animals what is the connection between the foodallergies and lbs. I hope you are interested about this subject. I cant believe that the cure is impossible in our age when new discovers are coming day by day in the medicine science.

Posted Tue 3 Mar 2020 18.52 by HPBug

Thank you for all your replies. My pain is mostly my knees and ankles but am noticing more pains elsewhere as time goes on 😔 I'm not finding my current medication very helpful so will be discussing that at my next review. I'm so glad I found this site though; it's nice being able to speak with people who know what you are going through.

Posted Fri 6 Mar 2020 20.18 by Mac

Yep it can be a long road trying to get the right meds sorted HpBug. Keep at it you will get there ;). I'm starting that road all over again for the third or fourth time :(.

Posted Fri 6 Mar 2020 22.19 by Sandorpsor1

Hi psorimates I am much better tried to chase the real solution and I have found it on a Hungarian site as I am a hungarian so it was easy to understand relatively. So that lady have used 3 dl water 0.5 dl organic apple cider and two teaspoons turmeric.https://youtu.be/t5nhq6WYxUI. Her pain and skinproblems stopped three months later she drunk this mix every day. I drink it at mornings. I use it since two weeks the pain of my joints have gone but I feel it in my left hand yet. I will make a youtube video about my theory with the psoriatic arthritis. I wish you follow this method to get a better health!

To take part, sign in or register with us