Humira v Hyrimoz

Posted Tue 28 Jan 2020 13.17 by davjhmcr

Taken Humira for 10+ years and have been completely clear. Some months ago NHS switched to a biologic similar called Hyrimoz. Ok for months, then had a severe outbreak of Guttate P after Christmas. I have a dermatology appointment on 18 Feb and I am convinced it was the switchthat has causes this. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Posted Mon 3 Feb 2020 22.13 by pod1966
70% covered

Hi, same problem with me. I have had three appointments now to appeal the decision so I can go back on Humira. Apparently the NHS have changed to save money! That hasn't worked as I have spent more money since changing as it has caused more problems for them with X-rays blood tests antibiotics etc. Good luck but definitely appeal the decision, I get my answer tomorrow.

Posted Tue 4 Feb 2020 22.04 by Lasttime

Hi i was on Enbrel and was switched to cheaper generic version, i asked at the time if it was the same and consultant replied not exactly but as close as they can. Was not happy but its all about saving ££££s. Low and behold within a month i had some serious side effects so i missed two injections and side effects stopped At next appointment i pointed out issues consultant tried to say change was not problem then when i told her the problems went away when i stopped taking injections. She agreed to put me back on original Enbrel and said only reason i could was fact i had been on it with no issues. If i had been on generic version from beginning i would not of been able to. Explain situation stay calm point out the extra costs to the NHS and yourself and the decrease in the quality of your day to day. Think they have a so say so but NICE lays down criteria and rules Good luck hope you get it sorted keep us upadated i

Posted Wed 12 Feb 2020 11.52 by droffilc

I'm glad to hear that the switch from humira to imraldi has not worked for other people thought I was on my own. Back on humira now and after only 2 injections the pain and psoriasis is improving.

Posted Wed 12 Feb 2020 19.39 by pod1966
70% covered

They have put me on Methotrexate for 4 weeks then back on Humira hopefully. Low dose to start as I was borderline positive for TB on last blood test. Fingers crossed.

To take part, sign in or register with us