Daughters Prom and treatment advice. Please help.

Posted Sun 9 Feb 2020 14.53 by Phil Parker (edited Sun 9 Feb 2020 17.41 by Phil Parker)

Hi all, bit of background, I have had PSA since my teens but only have mild psoriasis and my daughter has suffered for around 3 years now with quite bad psoriasis. She's been a number of times to the local hospital dermatologist and had the light treatment but the psoriasis came back after a few weeks. She is using the creams as prescribed but they are not really helping. She's 15 and got her school prom (UK) coming up in a few months and I know how important these things are to them. Couple of questions please if anyone can advise I'd be very grateful. 1. Are the lamps you can buy any good? Ive seen a hand held one for around £150 which she could use on her arms and legs? 2. Should we be pushing for other treatments such as oral medication as next stage? Thanks Phil

Posted Sun 9 Feb 2020 19.17 by Lasttime (edited Sun 9 Feb 2020 19.46 by Lasttime)

Yes used a home sunbed with great success. May be a good idea with prom coming you can pick them up second hand but bare in mind tubes start to loose effectiveness after so many hours and may need replacing. Would not recommend it as a permanent solution , always returns after stopping treatment Be careful up exposure slowly. Would be careful with oral treatments and biologic s i have had side effects with most Some people dont seem to have problems but for some drugs its early days Blueberry thread maybe worth a read and several gluten ones

Posted Sun 9 Feb 2020 19.43 by Phil Parker

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will read the gluten and blueberry posts. Phil.

To take part, sign in or register with us