Posted Mon 9 Mar 2020 13.17 by DAFranklin

I have my first appointment with a Dermatologist this Friday. I don't want to waste my time with them. Obviously, my skin from head to toe is raw, itchy and ugly, but I would be so grateful if anyone could suggest/recommend what I should be asking when I get there. Many thanks.

Posted Mon 9 Mar 2020 15.34 by Winter

Honestly. I wouldnt get my Hope's up. I've been to the dermatologist for 5 yrs now. I've had 300 uvb treatments and was injecting methotrexate for the entire 5 years. While it kept it under control, as soon as I stopped the uvb treatment, small patches returned and the dermatologist took me of methotrexate 5 or 6 months ago and the my skin has started to revert back to how it was pre treatments

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 09.23 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

You have to go through a criteria list to proceed to the treatments that work long term (those being biologics) however, you are unlikely to get those prescribed at present due to the current coronavirus. The tick list order is usually: Topical treatments PUVA or UVB light treatments (not too many as increases skin cancer chances) Ciclosporin Methotrexate Humira or similar (biologic injections) It takes a long time to get to biologics but they do tend to work really well..

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 17.39 by Jane

Hi I struggled with this on my legs & arms for a while you feel like nothing is going to work, until you see the right person. A doctor I saw suggested that I try all of the following: 1) Hydromol ointment - put this on all over 3 times a day if you can, then get your self a babies hair brush and brush all over your body then shower off. 2) Exorex lotion - once you have shower and towel dried your self put a thin layer all over do this twice a day. 3) Silkis ointment - this is to be put on after put on Exorex on the last shower before you go to bed. Try that first and if that doesn't work I went back and saw another doctor who got me to try this mouse - Enstilar apply this after you do the routine for your last shower once a day for 4 weeks and then reduce it to twice a week to help prevent flares I bought a pre-paid prescription card as all of the above the doctor proscribe for me it works out cheaper for you. Good luck !

To take part, sign in or register with us