Worried

Posted Tue 24 Mar 2020 11.27 by Shazza

Hi I'm on methotrexate injections and I'm a bus driver am I on the high risk list for coronavirus I cant get answers any where and I'm worried . Should I be going to work or be off for 12 weeks and should I be getting a letter from the hospital advising me I'm high risk

Posted Tue 24 Mar 2020 14.32 by PsoAdminMod

Hi Shazza, We have recently put together an article offering advice for who may fall into the 'extremely vulnerable' category requiring 'shielding' for people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, including people on immunosuppressant medications. You can find it here: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/news/covid19-shielding If you are only taking a single medication that affects your immune system (including methotrexate) and have no other medical issues, it is unlikely that you will fall into the ‘extremely vulnerable’ category requiring shielding, but you must continue to follow the latest NHS advice and stay at home nonetheless. Hope this helps, Amber, Psoriasis Association

Posted Sat 28 Mar 2020 09.11 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

I had this message from my skin clinic: We are aware that many of our patients with severe skin conditions are on medicines that affect their immune system. If you are taking a medicine that affects your immune system please refer to updated government guidance regarding social distancing and shielding of at risk individuals. See www.gov.uk for guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable persons from covid 19. We are actively reviewing your case and we will be in touch if we identify you as an extremely vulnerable patient. If you have already received advice to shield please follow this until otherwise advised. Please do not contact us regarding your risk, we will be in contact with you. Please only contact us for urgent medical advice. This is an automatic message, please do not reply to this number.

To take part, sign in or register with us