Soratinex

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2020 5.09pm by Charlie24

I have just seen an advert for the above on Facebook and am wary about things I see on there as to whether there is any truth to them. I have checked the price and it is expensive but I will pay if it does the job. I have had pustular psoriasis for the past 6 years on the sole of my foot. I have tried all the creams, potions, light treatment and diet. The past year I have managed to keep it at a “coping level” with just 1 anti-histamine tablet a day which seems to have some success but this past couple of weeks it has really flared up and is now so bad it is waking me up at night with a terrible burning sensation. Any feedback good or bad would be welcome. Thank you

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2020 5.14pm by Becki

I wouldn’t waste your money. It might soothe plaques but it will do literally nothing for your P. Have you heard of Enstillar spray? You can get that on Prescription from the doctors. Also, a good one for feet, cover them in moisturiser (I use QV cream from the drs again) then wrap in cling film and then put socks on. All this before bed and then when you wake up they’re nice and soft. I have P on the bottom of my feet but I’m intrigued to ask, why you use a antihistamine and how it helps? Might be a new one for me! :) x

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2020 7.08pm by Charlie24

Thanks for that insight. As to the antihistamine, I don’t usually suffer from hay fever but last year I had a continuous runny nose and was itching everywhere. I thought I would try an antihistamine to see if that stopped the itching as it was driving me mad. I never really thought about my psoriasis but after a few months I noticed that I was getting fewer flare ups and walking was becoming less painful. I carried on with the antihistamine and by September when we went on holiday I was able to wear flip flops (unheard of before as foot too sore). I had given up alcohol the year before to see if that helped the psoriasis but on holiday I chanced having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and found that there was no effect on my foot. The psoriasis never completely went but was completely manageable until this current flare up which started a couple of weeks ago and is now back to how it was at the beginning of last year. Just sitting in a chair with my foot resting on the floor is painful. I have now resorted to steroid cream and there is a slight improvement but I think it is just a question of wait and see. I will certainly try Enstillar. I usually use Epiderm as I find this is the best cream for me.

Posted Mon 6 Apr 2020 1.35pm by JancisK

I just wanted to say that although I have no experience of pustular psoriasis, Soratinex did more than just soothe my plaque psoriasis - it completely cleared it and I have barely had to use it over the last year. The initial cost was expensive, but having had psoriasis all my life I would gladly have paid much more.

Posted Mon 6 Apr 2020 2.09pm by Charlie24

So nice to hear a success story. I think it is probably the same old thing that what works for some does nothing for others.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 2020 4.55pm by Sizzy

I'm actually not that surprised about antihistomine use. Dampening down your bodies reaction to irritants would probably be beneficial to some degree even if it helps reduce the itch. Itching definitely makes my skin worse

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.