Recent psoriasis clearing success

Posted Wed 29 Apr 2020 13.54 by hmarney

Hi Everyone and hope you're all well and coping ok in lockdown. I had a really bad psoriasis flare up 4 weeks ago, despite being on Cosentyx (4 years on it now). The flare up was mainly localised to my shins (and some joint pain) but was very dark red and angry and spreading. As I am at home all the time now I implemented a regime and wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else. The problem is, I did it all at once so I cannot pinpoint specifically what aspect has worked or perhaps it was in combination - it is always so hard to know. I am not a doctor or medical professional and cannot give any medical guidance. I am merely sharing what has worked for me. So here goes - my regime which has achieved total clearance in 2 weeks: 1. I started using Enstillar foam at night and wrapping it in clingfilm around my legs so it absorbed all night. 2. I got the sun on it whenever possible, despite usually wanting to hide it away - at least 15 mins a day when sunny. 3. I bought Childs Farm baby moisturiser (and sun cream) and have been using that after washing - available online to order 4. I bought fresh tumeric from the market (looks like a ginger root but more orange) and sliced it up and added it to smoothie in the morning - with spinach and whatever fruit I had, added some walnuts or peanut better and some oat milk or almond milk and ice. Tumeric this way actually tastes really nice - barely detectable as opposed to powdered tumeric which tastes like curry (and is delicious in savoury) but doesn't go with sweet things for me. I add 2 slices unpeeled and I sliced the rest and froze it in a sandwich bag, so I can add the slices when I need them. You can also make a tea with one slice, one slice fresh gingers and honey, lemon etc. - I only do this 4 out of 7 days a week. 5. I have tried to drink 2 litres of water everyday but have not managed to all the time 6. I implemented a vitamin regime as follows: • Omega 3 Fish Oil - 2000mg - (I used Incite brand from Amazon) – one a day Magnesium Citrate – 650mg (I used Incite brand from Amazon) – one a day • Hyaluronic Acid – 300mg (I use Nu U brand from Amazon) – one a day • Milk Thistle capsules –(Nature's Garden brand from Holland & Barrett) - one a day, • Vitamin D3 – 10ug – (Holland & Barrett) – one a day • Multivitamin – (Boots own brand) – one a day • Pro biotic – (I use Bio-Kult brand from Amazon) – one a day I take these every day after lunch or after food. I also have been putting CBD oil under my tongue in the morning from this company: https://blessedcbd.co.uk/product/cbd-oil-500mg/ As you can see, this is a complex and expensive regime, but my skin went from really angry flare up to clearer than it has been for years. I have no visible psoriasis and even the slight pigmentation has faded. Please note I am on a biologic drug though which obviously massively improves the condition anyway. For a bit of itchy scalp psoriasis which flares up occasionally, I swear by Philip Kingsley itchy flaky scalp shampoo and the scalp tonic which you apply to washed hair before drying. Again, it is not cheap, but if you get 2 x good lathers and leave for a minute per shampoo the psoriasis flakes really lift and clear. It is often available for 25% off on QVC website or other bargain sites. Hope this is of some use to anyone out there suffering. Best wishes.

Posted Wed 6 Oct 2021 20.39 by buw87pi

Thanks for sharing. Might try these options. I'm trying vitamin d3 ,k2 and magnesium

To take part, sign in or register with us