Emollient/moisturiser recommendation

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 1.19pm by Kay

Hi - first time on here to ask a question

I have scalp psoriasis and have been using Dovobet gel.

The consultant recommended using an emollient /moisturiser in between treatments but didn't recommend any particular one to get.

Would appreciate any help with this as I would like to moisturise to calm the itching and tightness. Thanks

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 1.34pm by scarletsmummy

HI Kay

I have had scalp psoriasis for over 30 years and have used various treatments including the dovobet gel . I used dermol 500 once a week and just rubbed it into my scalp left it on for a couple of hours and then washed it off , you can do it as often as you want but will need to wash it off

Hope you get some relief

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 1.40pm by Kay

Thanks for your quick response. Will give it a try. Fingers crossed.

Posted Sun 9 Aug 2020 9.25am by SharonG

@Kay

Please have a look at this - I have read that it helps with scalp psoriasis. I have used it on my 'feet' pustular psoriasis - I try anything :(

Cocois is for the treatment of dry scaly skin disorders of the scalp such as psoriasis, eczema, dandruff and other inflammatory conditions causing irritation and scaliness.

Posted Sun 9 Aug 2020 1.31pm by Kay

Thanks Sharon. Much appreciated

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
WhatsApp :
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC049563 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.