Advice

Posted Mon 4 May 2020 04.04 by Shelly

Hey I've not been diagnosed but looking for some advice. I've had psoriasis since I was 12( I'm now 24). Never had any joint problems until this time last year. I wake up feeling stiff (mainly my lower back, knees and hands. I've had xrays and have been told they came back clear. What could this pain be? My knees are the worst, like a deep dull ache, paracetamol and ibuprofen do nothing for them. TIA

Posted Fri 8 May 2020 22.51 by CBMan

These symptoms do sound very like PSA. It is certainly worth raising the possibility with your doctor.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 2020 20.36 by Mrsp166
Living with Psoriasis and PSA :(

Hi Shelly Please push them for an MRI scan and not an X-ray as PSA doesn’t always show up on X-ray, I’ve been misdiagnosed for 15+ years as my xrays etc always came back clear until my GP finally relented and sent me off to see a Rheumatologist who sent me for MRI. I hope you get a diagnosis soon!!

Posted Thu 6 Aug 2020 23.30 by niceday

Hi All I know very little about PsA but after looking through this forum I am thinking i need to get checked out about 3 weeks ago my knee starting to have a really bad dull ache which i thought i may of pulled something as i stepped off my step ladder from the 2nd or 3rd rung which i have done before (Yes I know stupid for doing it again) but that pain only lasted a week its been 3 now and also my Psoriasis starting getting really bad for the first time on my face have it elsewhere on the body mainly elbows now did have all over my back but managed to clear that up just couldn't get rid on elbows but have never had it on my face any helpful advice would be brilliant. Thanks in advance niceday

Posted Fri 7 Aug 2020 11.19 by Nat

Hi iam currently under the hospital with my knees as I struggle to walk by the end of everyday with a deep burning sensation in them my ankles ache and are huge by the end of every day! I seen a rheumatologist last week who couldn’t see any sign of PSA as she said (nothing was flared up at that moment In time 🙄) however I was sent for x rays and bloods which have came back clear she seems to think I could have early onset osteoarthritis! If so and early onset id hate to see a bad case! my finger knees and ankles are huge by the end of each day my psoriasis is getting worse which I think is down to the stress of dealing with all the pain iam sick of dosing up on xtra strong painkillers and anti inflammatory just to get me through a shift at work.......

To take part, sign in or register with us