Please share your duration use of Narrowband UVB therapy

Posted Sat 9 May 2020 16.32 by EduardCanada
Hello, I am 27 male, I have had plaque psoriasis since 3 years old, have used corticosteroid creams and currently using light therapy.

Hello new to forum here. I would like to hear how long has this forum community been using narrowband uvb light treatment for plaque psoriasis also if anyone has developed any major side effects. I am wondering how safe is it to use for long term 10, 20 years +. I read medical researches stating DNA alteration from this mode of treatment . Please share.. and thank you for allowing me to be part of this community. We are in this together.

Posted Sat 9 May 2020 18.12 by Knoz

Hi Ed, i have had 2 courses of treatment of about 20 treatments per course . It was about 95 % effective but sadly only a temporary fix lasting about 6 months each time. I didnt have any adverse side effects apart fron what is called staining this is where the site of the old patch has a slight dark shaddow but this was only in a couple of areas. If the treatment is carried out correctly you will be very closely monitored with a very slow build up at about 2 to 3 tretments a week.I was told that the max lifetime treatments would not exceed 500. With conciderable gaps in between. Hope this helps . Knoz

Posted Sat 9 May 2020 18.56 by EduardCanada
Hello, I am 27 male, I have had plaque psoriasis since 3 years old, have used corticosteroid creams and currently using light therapy.

Thanks for sharing. I have been using NR UVB for 5 years now with just under 250 sessions. I am wondering if this is something I can do forever under medical supervision or I will soon have to stop and find other treatment option. Currently I attend 2-3 sessions/week to maintain a 90% clear skin. I am looking to hear from members who have been using phototherapy for long term. 😊

To take part, sign in or register with us