More and more small patches of Psoriasis appearing / face / neck Turing red all over

Posted Fri 15 May 2020 16.44 by tom

Hi Everyone, Im new and this is my first post, good to get it out in the open... so I have had Psoriasis for years now and have tried all types of creams and ointments. Nothing has helped. I have in in my scalp, lower legs, elbows and knees. I then have more and more small patches appearing in random places over my body about the size of a 2p coin. Especially in my thighs, buttocks, and back. My groins are very sore where they feel like they are cut almost same goes for in between my buttocks. I have a beard and if I shave it off I have a patch below my chin so the beard is staying on! Over this past few months people are commenting on the fact my face and neck are very red all over like when you would be embarrassed, but this is my new normal. Its red all the time not just when Im embarrassed. Im worried this may be related to Psoriasis and it won't be long until my face will be covered in hot too! Is anyone else similar to this? Or any ideas what I can do to help with the problem? Any advice would be great..

Posted Sat 23 May 2020 01.04 by Londoner

Hi Tom, it sounds like you might have Allergic Contact Dermatitis, as I've been definitively diagnosed with also. You need to speak to your GP to push for a referral to a dermatologist/allergist for patch testing for chemical allergens. I have just posted my own story about my experiences with the same on the "Treatments" discussion page of this forum. Good luck!!

To take part, sign in or register with us