UBV light handheld lamp from home

Posted Tue 19 May 2020 12.22 by Tom

Hi all, I have been using steroid cream for several years where my flare up tends to return as soon as i stop using cream for a week, so i would like to try UVB light treatment but from home. Can anyone recommend where to buy one of these handheld lamps and have any success or concerns using them? Thanks

1 Posted Tue 19 May 2020 12.28 by scarletsmummy

I purchased mine online a few years ago it cost quite a bit of money My dermatologist told me they were a waste of money ,I sure wished i have listened to her. I spent nearly £500 (Uk) and it was useless ,Don't waste your money and the small hand help ones are not strong enough to have any effect

Posted Tue 19 May 2020 14.58 by horace77

I read that you need advice from a dermatologist to use light therapy. It works well but if you over do it you can get cancer and it is easy to overdo.By all means buy one but get advice!

1 Posted Thu 21 May 2020 12.08 by Stag55

I bought the full body uvb narrowband unit and it worked brilliantly on my psoriasis, however it is powerful and have to make sure you use as instructed

Posted Thu 21 May 2020 12.11 by Tom

Thanks guys - Stag55 could you please recommended me the product you used?

Posted Thu 21 May 2020 12.20 by Stag55

It is the Phillips TL01 narrowband tubes, it is the upright canopy style unit

Posted Fri 22 May 2020 17.19 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

I would be cautious......too much UVb Could be a prob

Posted Mon 1 Jun 2020 18.45 by Tom

Hi guys, I purchased the UV handheld stick and would love some help on few questions. 1) Im aware you start off at 30 seconds and build up by 10 seconds every other day? Would it be an issue to use everyday? 2) Can i sunbathe and use UV stick in the same day? 3) Should i moisturize straight after using UV stick? 4) At what point should you stop to give skin a rest. 5 minutes? 7 minutes? Hope anyone can help. Thanks, Tom

To take part, sign in or register with us