Being transgender with psoriasis

Posted Sun 7 Jun 2020 23.33 by AaronJosh04
Aaron, 18, he/him. I've had psoriasis since I was 7 years old and I've tried a bunch of different treatments with varying success.

Hi I am a transgender male and I will be starting hormones hopefully within the next few months. I was wondering whether these hormones could affect my psoriasis and potentially make it worse? Also for anyone who's had surgery, did you have any reaction to that with your psoriasis as I have heard of Koebner happening with scars. Thanks :)

Posted Mon 8 Jun 2020 09.36 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 8 Jun 2020 09.37 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I have had plaque psoriasis since 1980. Initially all over my body, but in the last 15 years or so only on elbows, groin and occasional small isolated patch, In 2018 I had a total hip replacement and around 6 weeks later I got what I thought was a few itchy spots, by 8 weeks I was covered in guttate psoriasis. My GP is quite well informed and advised that Guttate psoriasis CAN be triggered after a significant trauma - hip replacement would fit. After about 6-7 months it faded.

To take part, sign in or register with us