Is it a psoriasis or?

Posted Mon 15 Jun 2020 19.12 by Witty204 (edited Mon 15 Jun 2020 19.13 by Witty204)

Hello. I'm new here and am writing to you because I need some help. I'm a student and during the corona pandemic we've been studying at home, since we had major exams coming soon, I've been in the house for 2 months with maybe going out of the house 2 times in this period (i know its not alright ..). After 2 months I've noticed some lesions like little wounds on my scalp that would heal with scales and eventually I could peel them off. I figured it might be from the lack of vitamin D so in the next weeks I've been going out a lot more in the sun, running, etc. The scales peeled off and I was "wound" free for like 2 weeks when they returned, but only on the very front of my scalp. It's like a month ago when this happen'd and since then I've been out a lot in the sun, and my scalp is well except for the small area in the very front of my scalp (bordering on my forehead) that I still have these scales. Do you think it's a psoriasis and what could I do to prevent it? Any help is very appreaciated, thank you

Posted Tue 16 Jun 2020 10.47 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 16 Jun 2020 10.48 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Yes it might be psoriasis or it might be one of several other conditions. Nobody on here will be able to tell you with any certainty at all. Your BEST course is to make an appointment with your GP for an examination and formal diagnosis. Meanwhile, you could regularly apply a good quality moisturiser/emollient. For small patches of psoriasis i used to use "Body shop Vitamin E night cream", it proved quite effective.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 2020 19.26 by Witty204

Agree definetely with your opinion, altho I've been to mine and she said it's probably stress-related (which isn't incorrect) and it will probably pass. I forgot to mention another thing: I had an itchy, red, inflammable area on the back of my scalp for like 2 years, in this quarantine I started washing my hair with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) as the itching got worse and my scalp was amazing for like a month, 0 lesions (first time in a few years), so maybe it could also be seborrheic dermatitis?

Posted Wed 17 Jun 2020 13.15 by Mindful not Mind Full!!

Try T-gel shampoo as this helps with scalp psoriasis and other dry scalp symptoms.

Posted Thu 5 Nov 2020 07.04 by manohar

It is scalp psoriasis , i had all the symptoms which you have said, i have been treated with aprezo, salsylic lotion,coal tar shampoo.. It controls nd get worsen during cold seasons.. it does not go away at once. it disappears and comes back ..

To take part, sign in or register with us