Clothes rubbing off steriod cream !

Posted Tue 30 Jun 2020 09.37 by Peter Procopis

Hi Long time sufferer - patches all over (elbows, knees, everywhere on my back, thighs - you get the idea). Trying to systematically get a grip and get these patches under control - but all of the patches are in areas where I wear clothes. to And the problem is when I apply Dovobet or Dovonex (which are the creams I use) - the clothes I wear - even loose ones - just rub the steroids off - so I I fear I'm not actually getting any treatment ! Anyway - I'm sure I'm not the first to find this problem - and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to deal with it ? Many thanks in advance !

Posted Tue 30 Jun 2020 10.09 by scarletsmummy

Peter i have suffered for nearly 35 years and have found the only way you can treat it in clothed areas is to do it last thing at night and wear either Loose pyjamas in bed or Nothing I also try to put my cream on at least half hour before i actually get dressed so it has a least a while to soak in

Posted Tue 30 Jun 2020 17.10 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I always applied the ointment and then rubbed it in as much as I could - so although the skin was left greasy and this would transfer to clothes, i was definitely getting benefit from the steroid. And as said already, do not apply immediately before getting dressed or going to bed.

To take part, sign in or register with us