Uv lamp Home units

Posted Wed 1 Jul 2020 19.57 by Chelsea786

Hi, I am currently on humira which has cleared 95% of my psoriasis. I have a few spots left on both my elbows. Was considering buying a home uv lamp to treat these areas. How minutes should I hold the light to the skin and how many days a week?

Posted Wed 1 Jul 2020 20.00 by scarletsmummy

i spent a lot of money on a hand held light a few years ago thinking it would help , it was useless . I had far better results from the natural sunlight If you are using one you should read the instructions that come with it because they are all different

Posted Fri 3 Jul 2020 01.31 by Kim

After much research, I bought a handheld UVB light and have found it helps with a combination of other things (diet, lotions, moisturisers, etc) I used it 3 times a week when my skin was bad to start with, for 30 seconds and gradually to 50 seconds which felt enough. I use it less now, only when I flare up. Natural sunlight is of course better but there's more cloud and rain than sun here.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 2020 22.55 by Mt

Hi I’ve recently purchased one and not sure how long I’m meant to use it for at the moment I’m doing 30 seconds 4/5 times a week can anyone advise me on this please many thanks.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 2020 09.32 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Mt, I think this is part of the problem with home uv lamps or sunbeds. Depending what type of tube light is produced it is very difficult to know how long you should use it for and who is monitoring usage. The professional machines used in hospitals Derm dep'ts are staffed and usage strictly monitored. I would seek professional guidance. Good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us