Enstillar Foam - Please share your experiences

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 17.45 by webdevguy

What are your impressions of enstillar foram. I have pretty bad psoriasis. From my research for some it's a miracle. For others it works great then the psoriasis comes back with a vengeance. Can you share your experience, especially if long term? Thanks!

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 18.34 by scarletsmummy

I used Enstillar for quite a while and it did clear up the plaques on my skin , however like all the treatments it came back . Its worth a try

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 18.55 by Summer

Hopefully you will see good results, it’s not a cure, Good luck

Posted Tue 29 Sep 2020 22.34 by webdevguy

Thanks! I hope that it doesn't make it worse. I have a fairly large spot on my abdomen. :(

Posted Wed 30 Sep 2020 15.49 by Harters

My GP referred me to Dermatology at the local hospital at the beginning oo fthe year but said there would be a long wait. I decided to see someone privately and he prescribed the foam. It's been generally pretty good. I use it on my elbows and it has generally dealt with the plaques quite quickly, but there's always a redness - the skin never returns to a "normal look". Finally got my NHS hospital earlier this month - the doctor there also recommended Enstilar. And I've got my NHS prescription (free to we oldsters, of course - and far better than the £55 on the private prescription)

Posted Wed 30 Sep 2020 15.51 by webdevguy

Thanks! Does anyone have experience with using this on larger patches of psoriasis, like the size of your hand? If so, would you mind sharing your experience please?

1 Posted Wed 30 Sep 2020 16.58 by LondonWest
Had P on and off for many years 🤗

Enstilar works well but you can’t use it continuously forever, there’s a limit on how long your supposed to use it for, it cleared me but as usual P comes back slowly but surely once you stop using it. It gave me a weird red raw rash around the groin area also which does subside slowly when the treatment ends. You have to have a break between treatments. Its a temporary fix is the best way i can describe it as 👍

1 Posted Wed 7 Oct 2020 10.17 by rapture83 (edited Wed 7 Oct 2020 10.21 by rapture83)

I posted this in the Blueberry chat but will paste in here also for people who go straight to this topic and for the original poster. I too had 1 big patch which was on my right thigh, about the size of my palm...... Enstillar - So after all my praise for this miracle foam I thought I should let you know about the rebound I had from it when I reduced my usage. I was praising this foam when I first started using it, it was hard not to as it basically cleared my P, it was a massive weight off my shoulders being able to wear T-shirts and Shorts without the worry of people seeing loads of tiny red spots!! I stopped using it every other day to once a week (as I could see my skin getting damaged plus it's colder now in the UK so no T-Shirts & Shorts) and sadly the red spots came back and not only that I had the rebound effect and more new spots appeared all over my legs and arms. I used enstilar years ago and all I had was one large P patch on my thigh, Enstilar cleared that but months later I came out in more tiny spots and I think this is what caused my P to get to that stage, I never thought of that at the time when I last used Enstilar, I never researched it, I just took it as my doctor gave me it and when I seen results I just assumed I was clear and also due to the fact the rebound was months later but this time it was almost instantly, it's not hundreds of new spots but it's certainly a good few more than I had before so with what happened last time and now this time it's obv not good for me in the long run so I have stopped using it. Anyway as I say I have stopped using it now and I'm just having 2 salt baths per week, using a prescribed moisturiser and using chinese herbal cream twice a week on each spot which is a tireless task as I have so many spots but this seems to have calmed things down a bit with the new spots that arrived, the spots are still there but kinda pinkish so I'll just continue with this for a bit. The chinese herbal cream I use says it's natural but I'm sure it'll be a steroid, I've used it for years on my face and chest and it ALWAYS removes the spots/rash so I've always just used it as anything my doctor has gave me has never worked, it tends to happen when I drink alcohol at the weekend, not every weekend tho! Apologies for spamming the BB with Enstillar chat again but I felt it was important to let people know as I was showering it with praise not so long ago especially to @Sharon who now has it from her doctor, I just didn't want things getting worse for you after me telling you to use it. It DOES however work but it's just a short fix for some, like putting a plaster over a deep wound, for some people it can cure them with no effects but others like me you can easily have a rebound effect which only makes things worse down the line, this is just a heads for people who are planning to use it.

Posted Wed 7 Oct 2020 13.49 by webdevguy

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I do wish there was a natural remedy or diet to get rid of this but there's more money to be made by the big pharma companies unfortunately. :(

Posted Fri 9 Oct 2020 13.02 by John k (edited Fri 9 Oct 2020 13.04 by John k)

Tried Enstilar Cutaneous spray foam What a great product P disappeared in places within 2 weeks It's a steroid so advised by Doctor to use max 4 weeks . Really impressed by result If p Flares up again I will continue to use Enstilar again Please try this product hope you Will be amazed too

Posted Tue 13 Oct 2020 10.52 by PrettyLintu
Bride trying to clear lifetime of psoriasis for Covid wedding!

Hey I'm 29, I've used Enstillar for about 8 years continuously with no issues. To me it's been the most inoffensive topical treatment, with no adverse reactions, despite my sensitive skin. Only issue is it eventually stopped being effective as your skin gets used to it, it now only works to keep plaques from hardening or flaking, but no longer clears the patches, just keeps them smooth. (I have guttate psoriasis, but some large merged patches) Currently still using it while on Ciclosporin, but I'm really struggling with the horrific side effects on this drug, I'm not sure it's worth it! I also use Dermalex, which is steroid free, available straight off the shelf in boots or other pharmacy's, (but I get from Amazon as it's cheaper.) It is very effective in short doses, but does actually sting when first applied, which it does warn on the label. But it works quicker than Enstillar does for me, as long as I don't use it too often. I'd definitely give Enstillar a go, it might not be for you as everyone's different, but it's worth a try!

Posted Tue 13 Oct 2020 14.47 by webdevguy

Thanks for your experiences and so sorry for your fight with psoriasis. I do appreciate you sharing your experience.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 2020 19.12 by rapture83

Just bare in mind that yes, it will 100% clear your P, I’ve not heard from anyone who’s said it didn’t BUT when you stop using it your P will come back, Enstillar is basically just a temp fix on the surface of your skin! Also as I stated in my post, beware of the potential rebound effect, it happened to me and has happened to a lot more, you might be lucky to avoid it but if not it makes your P a lot worse by spreading to other parts of the body as your body is not used to Enstillar being completely removed! Just a heads up! I personally wish I never used it, I would take that 1 big patch on my thigh any day of the week now compared to what I have now! Good luck if you start using it, hopefully works for you in the long run!

Posted Tue 13 Oct 2020 19.24 by webdevguy

Thank you. So sorry this has happened to you. I've only used it for 1.5 weeks so I will try to stop now.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 2020 17.50 by Frankiehoward

Has anybody had any problems with actually getting the foam out of the aerosol itself? When I was first prescribed it, I used it 2 or 3 times and it came out like a hair mousse from the 80's. Then it just stopped coming out like that, and instead it was coming out in a very greasy frost like substance which was freezing cold to touch. I took this back to the pharmacy for a replacement and it was exactly the same (apart from I got no foam att all from this one). I have since had about 5 of these, of which none have worked. I really want to use it but I always end up throwing it out after looking at it for a few months. Has anybody else had a similar issue?

Posted Sat 28 Nov 2020 18.12 by Harters

No, not had that isue. But I always give it a good shake before using it each day - and it gets a very good shake if I've not used it for a while.

Posted Thu 24 Dec 2020 16.17 by Happychappy

I used it on my elbows and had great results. They have calmed down well and keeping me comfortable.

Posted Wed 6 Jan 2021 11.16 by alleyace
Driving Instructor and part time Rock Star.

Hi I’ve been using this for about a year and whilst using it the relief is ok but if I don’t use it for 3 or more days it’s back to normal, It’s certainly not a cure but more something to keep it at bay. I’m concerned though as with all steroids it’ll damage my skin beyond repair.

Posted Wed 6 Jan 2021 12.34 by Harters

That's my concern as well, alleyace. I wish I could find a non=steroid treatment that worked as well as Enstillar that I could use pretty much all the time.

Posted Wed 6 Jan 2021 14.07 by Summer

I asked my dermatologist this question on a telephone consultation last year. She advised to use no more than a can once a week. Iv never used that much, Moisturise And moisturiser......I use Balneum, iv found it to be very good. But the best Relief for me is sunny days, while taking care.

To take part, sign in or register with us