Dry around nose mouth and chin.

Posted Wed 7 Oct 2020 00.44 by Jfd7000

I have really dry skin around my nose, inbetween my eyebrows, mouth and chin. It gets really flaky. I’ve tried horticortizone cream but it seems to make it red and worse? Not sure if it’s supposed to get like that? What else could be good for it?

Posted Sun 11 Oct 2020 17.50 by Rachel

Hi I’m new here and just noticed your post, I have the same problem, just below one eyebrow, nose and below bottom lip, dry, itchy, flakey, I don’t bother with go prescribed cream anymore. I make sure I use a moisturiser for sensitive skin at bedtime, plus a layer over the moisturiser of Vaseline. In the morning I use a hot flannel to wipe away the scales and moisturise again. I use Leichner make up which feels quite greasy but it keeps the flakes at bay during the day. I fiind my skin improves when in Spain so I guess sunshine or a light lamp can help too.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 2020 06.23 by Adam

Hi , I have always had psoriasis on my scalp badly and on my face ( nose , top lip and chin ) since I was around 20 . About the last 18 months I have been using Bodyshop oils of life on my face everyday , usually after I have had a shower at night . The psoriasis has completely gone now , although if I have ever run out it does come back . I’m sure it’s not just the body shop that make the same type of oils but that’s the one I have been using and it works for me . I don’t use it on my scalp because it would just turn my head into a massive grease ball but it’s worth a try and I just wanted to share my experience because nothing has ever worked on my face it’s just kind of masked it for around 3 hours at the most .

To take part, sign in or register with us