Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms Help Needed.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 2020 15.44 by murmurmountain

Hi, I suffer with Palmoplanter Pustulosis and nail psoriasis. Over the last year I have been suffering extreme pain in my lower back, in to my butt and pelvis area. The pain is sharp and shoots from my lower back in to my pelvis and bum area. This happens as soon as I get out of bed in the morning and takes hours to calm down. I also have excruciating pain in this area while walking, even very short distances. I am wondering if these symptoms could be Psoriatic Arthritis. Does any one here suffering Psoriatic Arthritis recognize these symptoms, it is not Sciatica as it is a very different pain to that. Any help or advice would be very gratefully received. Thank you in anticipation

Posted Tue 27 Oct 2020 16.03 by RoseL

Hi, just saw your post. It certainly sounds like it could be. I've only recently been diagnosed and treated for PsA have experienced the symptoms you describe for some years. A recent MRI confirmed pelvic degeneration olin my case. I would suggest you ask for an urgent rheumatology referral due to potential spinal involvement. I wish you the very best of luck.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 2020 16.19 by murmurmountain

RoseL, thank you so much for your reply. I shall try to see my GP as soon as possible. I cannot believe how painful this is. I wish you well with your treatment. And thank you once again for your reply

Posted Tue 27 Oct 2020 16.27 by RoseL

You're most welcome. Hope everything goes really well with the doc. Important to not take no for an answer! I have no history of psoriasis and no finger or nail involvement but thankfully got diagnosed after lots of struggles. No-one is truly typical. Treatment is excellent and can stop things getting worse. I take injectable mtx and hyrimoz with no problems and now have my life back. I wish you all the very best on your journey. Rose

Posted Thu 29 Oct 2020 09.56 by Mac

Hi Murmurmountain. I don't know if it sounds like PsA. What you describe sounds very familiar too my own symptom's in that area, also with me standing still would be the worst even for a short time. I was diagnosed with AS arthritis.

Posted Thu 29 Oct 2020 13.10 by murmurmountain

Hi Mac, thank you for your reply. I have made an appointment with my GP for next week, so I hope I will have some idea of whats going on with me. Thank you once again for replying.

Posted Sun 8 Nov 2020 09.21 by uliajay

PSa since Aug 18. Tried Methatrexate, Metaject and now Sulphasalazine. PSa predominantly in my feet. Plaque psoriasis in scalp. Rheumy suggesting I try Benepali or Amgivita next but very reluctant too. And wondering if any other routes than Biologics !?! Really need a second opinion any recommendations for a good Rheumatologist? I live in Lancashire but will travel to say Manchester etc ...

Posted Sun 8 Nov 2020 17.04 by murmurmountain

Hi uliajay, I am myself all new to this, so I can't suggest any Rheumatologists. I am sure somebody on here can guide you. My GP has suggested I could be suffering from Sacroiliitis, having an X-Ray week after next, then he said I would be sent to a Rhuematologist etc. So my journey is just beginning. And it looks very arduous. The Dermatologist I saw has let me down unbelievably, so a very bad start.

To take part, sign in or register with us