Heart Failure Medication

Posted Sun 1 Nov 2020 04.17 by Tobysgranny

I was diagnosed with HF about 2.1/2 years ago and was prescribed Bisoporol (10mg) and Ramipril (5mg). My psoriasis has worsened lately and .I wondered if anyone else has experienced a worsening of their condition whilst taking these drugs. I have had several courses of light therapy which initially works but my psoriasis usually returns within a couple of months. My latest course was abandoned when lockdown started at the end of March. I use Enstilar to treat and control my symptoms which works quite well but when I stop symptoms usually flare up again.

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 16.43 by Shazz

Hi, I had heart attack 3 weeks ago. While in hospital on meds, same you are on, I was told my psorisis will get worse. Mine has. I am same as you, enstillar works but I, I feel need to wash hands, and due to virus we all do. find it greasy, my hands . I think its all weighing up options... Do you want another HF or psorisas. When you say HF, that means your heart stopped, is that right?

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 17.03 by Tobysgranny

Hi Shazz, No my heart didn’t stop but struggled to work properly. I had a build up of fluid in my lungs and was struggling to breath especially when lying down. I’ve had a further episode since a year ago. Enstilar is working well at the moment especially on the plaque areas but as you say it is very greasy.

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 17.12 by Shazz

Hi I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. May I ask , is virus getting you down, or psoriasis

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 17.22 by Shazz

Try british heart foundation , loads of info and help

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 18.22 by Tobysgranny

Hi Shazz, Coping with the virus farly well but not going out very much. My husband fortunately does the shopping (we have a large Asda store a couple of mins. away). We have been in lockdown for early two weeks (I live in Wales). My daughter who lives works in retail over the border so her store closes tonight. It will be nice to get out for a bit of fresh air next week. I see you are in Belfast. Are you in lockdown?

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 19.19 by Shazz

No. Unsure. I think non essential services are closed. I dont go out

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 19.24 by Shazz

Have you looked up British heart foundation

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 19.28 by Shazz

Hi , if you you need to talk email me... shirlwoods@sky.com

Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 19.32 by Shazz

no pressure

To take part, sign in or register with us