I’m new to this

Posted Mon 9 Nov 2020 09.13 by Misty

About a year ago I started to find small blisters on my hands. The blisters burst, usually with my help, or dry out and then my skin cracks. I was convinced it was something to do with my diabetic medication as I have been a diabetic for 18 months. My GP has told me to wash with Dermol and then reapply. This is driving me mad as I am applying cream every half hour to keep my hands moist including throughout the night. I am sure is Palmoplanta after doing research but having difficulty convincing the GP. Any advice would be appreciated

Posted Mon 9 Nov 2020 14.27 by SharonG

Hi It sounds to me like pustular psoriasis - usually you get it on hands and feet - I have it on my feet but sometimes get the odd one or two on my hands. Google it and see if it is that first - then get an appointment with GP to confirm. Mine is worse on some days more than others - I have had it for over 20 years and I use steroid ointment (dermovate) - had a bad break out this year - but now it's gone cooler it seems to be easing off. No need to suffer ok? I do cream up as often as I can - this helps - I use anything that soaks in - I do use dermol too.

Posted Mon 9 Nov 2020 21.03 by Misty

GP didn’t like my diagnosis of panoplunter pustular. Had a go at me for using Dermol more than three times a day. Has given me steroids and another emollient cream but the pump doesn’t work, can’t get cream out. Back to quacks tomorrow.

Posted Mon 9 Nov 2020 21.24 by SharonG

Oh Misty I am so sorry - keep going back and ask to be referred to a dermatologist,

Posted Mon 9 Nov 2020 21.26 by SharonG

Have you tried Blueberries? Check out the Blueberry thread. They seem to be helping me but not sure if it is the cooler weather too? :(

To take part, sign in or register with us