advice please - shielding

Posted Mon 23 Nov 2020 12.37 by MrsK79

Hi - very new to this. Had a diagnosis back end of last year, started meds in March (perfect timing!) and then more meds in the summer. The combo means that I have been told to shield this time around. My problem is with my partner - he is, i think, struggling with my diagnosis and what it means - i look relatively young and healthy and he just doesn't seem to grasp that the meds I am on are serious, that the diagnosis is serious or that I have to shield (which means no, sweetie, I'm not going to go out to get a coffee in the local town) because the possible consequences of exposure are very serious. Does anyone have any advice on how to make this sink in, without lecturing/ranting - which I fear I am otherwise about to start doing! Thanks!

Posted Mon 23 Nov 2020 23.44 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I hope the meds are working for you. Sounds like you are on two different immunosuppressive meds which was part of the shielding criteria back in March. Taking one was OK I was informed. Anyway how about showing him some video blogs from doctors, nurses and other HCP's that have treated Covid patients. Or videos of patients experiences. If their scary stories don't sink in I don't know what will. Good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us