Ciclosporin advice pls ....

Posted Thu 26 Nov 2020 20.53 by Jenora

Hello. I’m about to begin my ciclosporin journey and am aware all drugs affect everybody differently... however. I’m wondering what other people have experienced. ??? Many thanks in advance .....

Posted Thu 26 Nov 2020 23.36 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Well it is over ten years ago that I was prescribed Cyclo following a bad flare. I only took the drug for about 6 months as this isn't a long term drug. It did work pretty quickly though for me. I vaguely remember the nausea, sickness and drowsyness side effects. Also recall raised blood pressure and hypertension. I know I had to have regular blood checks but also remember having a chest xray before starting, although can't be certain as that may have been for something else. My doc insisted that I use the Neural brand of Cyclo and made sure the chemist didn't swap to another brand. Maybe there was some interactions there. I hope it works out for you

Posted Fri 27 Nov 2020 07.43 by Jenora

Thankyou. I’m due to go for chest X-ray and bloods next week. Obviously concerned regarding side effects. This drug is quite harsh. And the regular strict health checks .... fingers crossed. Just working my way through the available drugs ... to find one that suits .... been 30 years now. Still trying ... the nhs and my dermatologist team are just amazing. Thank god.

To take part, sign in or register with us