Good dermatology to visit in london ? Taking the treatment to next level!

Posted Fri 4 Dec 2020 19.27 by MRB (edited Fri 4 Dec 2020 19.29 by MRB)

Hi All, Happy Friday! I had psoriasis since 2008, since that time I tried multiple topical creams and gels and never went to Light Therapy or oral and injected medications due to what I hear about its side effects. Instead I am currently using a normal cream/vaseline to keep my skin hydrated nothing else. I used to visit dead sea in Jordan for 2-3 weeks yearly where i am getting my skin exposed to the sun and sea under a supervision of a dermatology there, which I am getting a very good temporary results, then it returns back again within few weeks. And since I have moved permanently to London recently, I missed the sunny weather and my visit to dead sea which is quite expensive too. My psoriasis is getting worst in this cold weather and start to appear in my neck and face which never happened during my long journey with psoriasis. I have contacted my GP in London, which started to advice with topical treatments again, and since my psoriasis is classified as medium to severe and covering most of my body skin, I would like to take your advice in taking my treatment to a next level to visit dermatology consultant in London and seeking and try new treatments, I have a private medical insurance also and I do not know who is the best place or dermatologist to visit in london as i am new to the country. Can you Advice please ?!

Posted Sat 5 Dec 2020 08.26 by SharonG

Hi MRB Please read the Blueberry thread - I have been eating them every day for about 4 months - that and no steroid cream just ordinary moisturiser and so far so good - worth a try? I think so - I have pustular psoriasis on my feet had an awful flare up this year but - touch wood - at the moment it is clear - cooler weather and blueberries is all I can put it down to! Its a weird illness - my feet were so bad I could hardly walk :( But now? I can :) Good Luck :)

Posted Mon 7 Dec 2020 09.05 by Shelleyks

Hi MRB I was lucky enough this year to be able to use my private medical insurance to see a consultant here in Berkshire. He has been absolutely fantastic with me in trying to help with my psoriasis. I cannot recommend him highly enough. His name is Mr Sacha Goolamali. He was the lead dermatologist at Reading Hospital but has now taken a lead position in St Thomas up in London. I am not sure if he has private clinics in London but he does here in Berkshire. I have never met a Dr who is so set on trying to help you no matter what it takes. Although I am not clear yet I can see a dramatic improvement in my psoriasis but this hasn't stopped him making me future plans if the treatment stalls. Do look him up!! Good luck x

Posted Mon 7 Dec 2020 21.49 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hellyks, that is great news. What was your treatment plan if you don't mind me asking?

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 13.39 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Guys and st Thomas have an excellent dermatology department. The started the psoprotect me survey. Prof Smith and Barker clinics are fantastic. Very caring and informative team

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 01.03 by Ammeesor

If anyone has any recommendation for a private doctor in outer west London or near Bournemouth, Dorset. Please do share. Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us