Rheumatology South West UK hospital help?!

Posted Tue 8 Dec 2020 12.08 by kwilde1979

Hi, hope you're well? This is my first post, so please forgive this newbie. I got diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis approx. 6 years ago (I am now 41). I have had extremely up and down care since the diagnosis. I moved from Manchester to Dorset two years ago, however I feel that my care at the hospital in my new area has been quite poor. I don't really get regular appointments or advice in comparison to the care I was getting in Manchester. I am currently going through a flare and have been for approx. two months. I have tried to get advice from the nurses at the hospital with not much success. This has been a long line of events and a few mistakes and now I'm getting a little fed up about it. I understand the pressures on hospitals in the current climate (I am also NHS hospital staff, so I understand) and I feel a little guilty for speaking out about this. Anyway, my question is are there any people on this forum that have great experiences with their care at their hospital in the South West UK area? I'm thinking of moving my care and I am willing to travel up to 2-3hours to get the right care. Thanks so much in advance.

To take part, sign in or register with us