Your first experience of PA?

Posted Sun 20 Dec 2020 19.40 by mt382

Hi all, I don’t know why I’m messaging here, when I’m seeking comfort that I don’t necessarily have PA. this is a psoriasis forum in the PA SECTIOn, so obviously answers will have a “It sounds like you have PA” bias, but here goes. I’ve had psoriasis since 18 (28now). Fairly severe - I knock it back each year with nbuvb (my own unit) - but it goes from plaque and then the guttate appears pretty reliably. Im a male, overweight, bad bowels - the standard inflammatory Man combo. Two nights ago my right ankle started feeling a bit sore. The next morning, it felt like it was sprained, and by the evening it was swollen af and I couldn’t put it in any comfortable position. 24 hours later, the swelling has lessened. I can’t walk on it but it’s going down slowly. I’ve sprained that ankle bad before. It often niggles and I end up landing awkwardly o twisting it. The difference now is that is flared suddenly like a bad sprain when I have done LITERALLY nothing to it. I phoned A and E who suggested gout, but it isn’t red and I have no history. I went to the out of hours clinic to a very confidence inspiring doctor who seems absolutely certain it’s PA, and implored me to get that ball rolling. What we’re your first PA experiences like? Is nought to ‘I can’t walk on it’ in the space of 24 hours a standard PA thing? It’s just hard to believe that it’s not just that I’ve strained this temperamental ankle somehow.

To take part, sign in or register with us