Borage Seed Oil

Posted Tue 29 Dec 2020 04.40 by mc247rainbow

Has anyone on this forum had any experience of using borage seed oil either orally or by applying directly to skin to help manage their psoriasis? I am keen to try this myself but would like to hear from anyone who has found it effective before I spend any time or money on this. Would really appreciate your help Dawntreader

Posted Sat 20 Feb 2021 14.31 by nutragirl

Just started this supplement. I will let you know the outcome.

Posted Sat 24 Apr 2021 23.39 by Brenven

Hello, any update on this oil?

Posted Wed 28 Apr 2021 00.20 by Yacht

Looked at borage oil, but some research suggests it may harm the liver, so decided not to use it.

Posted Thu 29 Apr 2021 18.38 by Reya

Hi I found seabukthorn oil applied to the skin to be useful

Posted Sun 13 Jun 2021 23.29 by Mary1968

Hello mc247rainbow Where you say: "anyone found it effective, before I spend any time or money on this". With psoriasis you really need to spend time and money, to see if it works for you personally. I know its annoying, but it needs to be done. Because what works for one - may not work for another. Borage has a long tradition of being used in psoriasis and arthritis treatment. But it is rather on old fashioned herbal plant nowadays. I think it has rather been replaced in peoples minds by Evening Primrose. Borage is classed as anti-inflammatory, because of the high fatty acid content. It has an extremely high content of GLA. If you are concerned about taking it orally, you could just use the oil externally as a moisturizer. Maybe apply it daily for 12 weeks, and see if it benefits at all. Reya mentions Sea buckthorn oil. I have never used it for psoriasis myself, but it is fabulous for treating sunburn.

Posted Thu 5 Aug 2021 12.42 by Lynsey

Hi have read this also star flower or borage oil is supposed to be good has anyone got any updates ? I am always researching into anything natural! Have recently read about burdock root has anyone tried ? Same as the oil is good for psoriasis both internally and topically for removing scales. Helps gut health which is supposed to be linked to psoriasis. I have just ordered some to try from HerbFarmacy dandilion & burdock extract which you drink in water. Let you know how I get on with it. Dandilion also has some really good health benefits. I am currently using the nail therapy oil which has helped so much nails looking much better after 3 months and it smells divine !! I prefer to use organic & natural products to help treat psoriasis, I still use exorex lotion on my body & the occasional cocois on my scalp in between hemp & coconut oil but would love to find a natural alternative so I could cut them out. I have had scalp and body psoriasis for 37 years. Used to use alot of steroid & other creams over the years since stopping the steroids my psoriasis has been less aggressive. Wishing every one the best of luck with the natural treatments !!

To take part, sign in or register with us