Soles of feet

Posted Fri 1 Jan 2021 19.15 by Jo-B

Hi All, I’m new here, I have psoriasis on the sole of my foot, I keep getting really bad flare ups by where it looks like a huge puss filled abscess (sorry) starts off as smaller dots then joins up, it never pops and then once it’s got to a pitch point just dies away and the blob of skin eventually comes away. It’s really painful and can’t walk on it, any suggestions how to manage this. Thanks. Jo

Posted Fri 1 Jan 2021 22.40 by Netty

Hi Jo, I also have pustular psoriasis on the sole of my left foot, I have had numerous treatments, of which none have worked, im currently deciding whether to try Methotrexate but due to covid I'm very reluctant, the best moisturiser I have found is Skin Salvation from Holland and Barrett, I apply before bed, in the morning and also when I'm doing any outdoor activities walking / gym classes etc, it does help with the prevention of the skin cracking and becoming really painful. I've also found if I soak my foot in warm water with dead sea salt or Epsom salts, hope this helps 🙂🙂

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 08.56 by SharonG

@Jo-B & @Netty Hi Please check out the Blueberry thread - they have worked for me. For now :) Had a really bad flare up this summer - I couldn't walk - I have pustular psoriasis on BOTH feet - you will see comments etc. in the BB thread - the BB's are worth a try. Methotrexate and Acitretin are evil drugs but do work for some - that would have been my next step but I decided to try other things first - BB's so far so good. Please check it out.

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 09.13 by Sue

How many blue berries a day ? My feet are a mess ,so sore i cant walk. The spits are very painful. How do you heal the deep splits ? Im using strong cortisone at the minute ,but want to stop using it. A month the doc said to use it ,has it helped anyone or made it worse ?

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 09.32 by SharonG

@Sue Hi I have about ten per day - sometimes more depends on if I can get them and also they don't keep for long 3 maybe 4 days - I have them EVERY day and have done for about the last 4 months - it does take time and doesn't work for everyone which is why I say read the thread ok? I stopped the steroid ointment - using just moisturiser - anything that soaks in - I am using avon handcream at the minute but just use what you have or you could go on forever trying different creams - it can be endless - I put an emollient on before bed - zero derm at the minute - I think the key is to keep moisturising - every time I sit down I seem to cream up but it helps, Good Luck

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 09.47 by Lel (edited Sat 2 Jan 2021 10.08 by Lel)

I have experienced this from the age of 40 when my mum suddenly died. Doctors misdiagnosed me for 6 months. Psorisis on the soles of your feet is hell. Please watch my short video on you tube showing the soles of my feet during a flare up. https://youtu.be/RdW-LMiLJZI Is yours anything like this? Over 10 years I have learned how to manage it and my feet are back to normal. I am not so apprehensive about a future flare up too The key is moisturise and watch your diet. Soak your feet in water Sea salt or Oilatum plus. Soak in warm water for as long as you can. I use a bucket so I can sit on the side of my bed. Pat dry Moisturise with diprobase or some emollient. Allow it to soak in naturally. The relief is amazing. Please, please, please go to the doctor and ask for Fludroxycortide 4 micrograms centimeter tape. It is amazing! You put on the cracks on the soles and leave on. I cannot tell you how this tape changed my life. The relief is instant. Good luck and God bless.

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 09.48 by Lel

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 09.58 by Sue

Thank you for your help. My feet are as bad as yours . I will try everything .!!! Will let you know how i go.

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 10.14 by Lel

So happy to help! The tape is a real life changer. It enables you to walk for starters without feeling like you are walking on broken glass. It softens and heals the deep cuts. X

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 16.41 by SharonG

@ Lel Saw your Video - thanks -mine were worse than that :( I had pustules - skin in liquid form - as skin grows too quickly - have you had those too? Mine are pretty good right now - maybe it is just luck? or the Blueberries? whatever it is it is working right now - it is what it is - sadly :(

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 16.47 by Lel (edited Sat 2 Jan 2021 16.47 by Lel)

Hello there! My psorisis was mainly dry although I often had blisters and weepy skin. It was horrific. I had about 5 flare ups in 10 years and they last anything between 6 months to a year. My feet look normal now and no trace of psorisis. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Having it on the soles of the feet meant every step felt like walking on broken glass. I have never heard of eating blueberries tbh but did make many changes to my diet which did help. X

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 16.49 by SharonG

@Lel Just have a look at the Blueberry thread? I might ask my GP for the tape if - or should that be when :( - it flares - thanks

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 17.11 by Lel

I will do. Thank you. The tape is a game changer for the deep cuts you get on the soles of your feet. I honestly cannot recommend it enough. Until I discovered it I was so depressed trying to manage my psorisis. It was near impossible. I used to bandage my feet then put socks on and then trainers. With very little change in pain. With the tape on its instant relief. Good luck xxx

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 17.27 by SharonG

@Lel Thank you :)

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 22.19 by Netty

Hey guys, ive read through all these posts and I'm certainly going to try the blueberries, my psoriasis covers 3/4 of my left sole and yes when it breakdown it is like walking on glass, I soak in warm water and dead sea salt, constantly moisturising, my favourite is Skin Salvation from H and B if you've not tried it, you must it has been a game changer for me. I'm going to enquiry with GP about the tape, got nothing to lose 🙂🙂 xx

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 22.40 by SharonG

@Netty BB's are worth a try :) I shall try the Skin Salvation cream too - Thanks Hope all goes well with BB's - it's a great thread :)

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 22.51 by Jo-B

Hi all, I’m overwhelmed with your responses this is more information than I have received from my GO in over 7 years. I’ll give the BB a read and definitely try the tape. Just a side note my blister burst this morning and it’s the first time I’ve had this but it was like instant relief when I tried to walk in it. Thank you to all I can’t say how much ch the fact that there are others who suffer with this as sometimes it feels like I’m alone. Will report back with progress but am grateful for all you suggestions and support. Will stay in touch. Jo

Posted Sun 3 Jan 2021 08.30 by SharonG

@Jo-B So happy to help in anyway - please keep coming back these Forums are so helpful and the help comes from 'real' people who sadly suffer too. All the best.

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 07.01 by Liannemarisha

Oh my god I’ve got psoriasis on methotrexate and just didn’t even consider I had it on my feet, just thought I had really dry/ skin on my feet. Feel like a total idiot for not realising the two are connected 🙄

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 08.44 by SharonG

@Liannemarisha Oh No! Poor you :( Keep creaming them to keep them from drying out. Show your dermatologist too - they should have let you know that it could appear on other parts of the body? All the best.

To take part, sign in or register with us