Soles of feet

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 13.58 by Jo-B

Hi All I haven’t ever been referred to a dermatologist??

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 14.26 by SharonG

@Jo-B Go back to your GP and ask to be referred? Until you have seen a dermatologist and it has been correctly diagnosed you won't have access to other help? Give them a ring.

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 19.41 by Roosteroo

Hi, I too have psoriasis on the sole of one foot and along the inside. I used to find it almost impossible and thought that things couldn’t get worse - until it appeared on both hands! Can’t begin to tell you how much of a negative affect this had on my daily life, it’s just so sore all the time. I would suggest that you try using a moisturiser or coconut oil and then wrapping your foot in cling film, it really does help although I have plaque psoriasis and therefore this helps with the dryness. I also do the same for my hands and then wear cotton gloves at night - brings some relief.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 2021 20.20 by Jo-B

Hi All, have another back g blister filled with stuff on my foot again- just wondering as when these burst it’s instant relief so I was wondering if you can burst them. This one I’d bigger than a 50p piece? Jo

Posted Wed 10 Feb 2021 20.49 by SharonG

@ Jo-B I have popped them on my feet in the past but never had one as big as a 50p - if you do pop it make sure it doesn't get infected - it could make it worse - have you been diagnosed yet? Because until you are sure what it is I would err on the side of caution ok? Popping does relieve the pain but it is a short term solution. Take good care ok?

Posted Wed 10 Feb 2021 21.13 by Jo-B (edited Wed 10 Feb 2021 21.37 by Jo-B)

I did ask him when I spoke to him at new year, he said it was more difficult these days which I appreciate and he gave me some penicillin to take!! It’s soooooo painful- hopefully it will pop tomorrow- I’ve been limping for days as can’t put my foot flat to walk on. Jo

Posted Wed 10 Feb 2021 22.37 by SharonG

Maybe a sharp needle - gently - small pin hole - but sterilise it first - only a tiny hole though - I have done it but be careful ok? I squeezed out the pus - then put antiseptic cream on the little pin hole - do it before bed then you won't need to walk on it. Good luck but really? Be careful - just because I have done it doesn't mean it is for everyone?

Posted Wed 10 Feb 2021 22.38 by SharonG (edited Wed 10 Feb 2021 22.39 by SharonG)

And DON'T be tempted to peel the skin off - let it heal ok? Bit like a blister. That's why a say a SMALL pin hole and squeeze it gently.

To take part, sign in or register with us