Post Covid flare up?

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 04.59 by Jojo1917

Hi, new here, so hello! Has anyone else here experienced a flare up following having Covid? I’m a healthcare worker, got Covid in April, went back too early, and went off with ‘stress/anxiety’ a couple of weeks later. In retrospect, I see that I was exhausted, because I was still recovering from what the virus had done to my body. Anyway, in terms of my skin, I’ve flared up on my face, scalp, lower arms and hands. As has always happened before with me, it creeps up on me a few months after the major trauma. I genuinely don’t understand why it stays stable on the skin it’s not hard to cover. It feels like it’s deliberate.🙁 I still remember being 14 and travelling for well over an hour on a bus, to see a dermatologist. I got a student doctor instead, who didn’t meet my eye, or even glance in my direction for the entire time I was in the office, let alone examine my skin, or ask me about it. I told her I wanted a product for when my face flared up, and she point blank said that psoriasis doesn’t occur on faces. She rewrote a prescription that I’d been given 12 months previously, even though I specifically told her my GP had stopped one of the products, because it burned my skin. Sorry, another rant. I’ll stop now. Genuinely interested in other people’s experiences of post Covid flare ups though.

Posted Sat 2 Jan 2021 19.11 by Buster1965

I’ve just got over covid and my flare up has exploded it’s over me

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 19.09 by Katb0601

Hi My daughter is 18 and in the army. She got Covid the last 2 weeks of November. 2 weeks later she developed the crusty, scaly skin on her abdomen. This has progressed every week and she now has this in her knees and covering her torso. Today she has been diagnosed with Psoriasis. This isn’t hereditary and I think is only associated with developing Covid. If she doesn’t respond to treatment she could be medically discharged from the army

Posted Thu 7 Jan 2021 21.08 by Buster1965

I think it’s covid to am literally covered

Posted Fri 15 Jan 2021 02.16 by Jene.JP

I've had psoriaisis since I was 7, I am now 23 and in grad school (super stress life), but have been able to manage my psoriasis okay-ish with dietary restrictions and topical creams until...COVID. I have been sick for the last three days and just looked at my back today...holy !@#$. I cried for over an hour. Now looking at oral meds and injections. So tired of this controlling my life.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 2021 07.53 by Buster1965

Keep to diet stay positive keep going to doctors for help

To take part, sign in or register with us