My 8 year old daughter - developed psoriasis at 7 yrs old, I also have it

Posted Sat 20 Feb 2021 15.33 by fallon1983

SharonG, I certainly will ! x

Posted Sun 21 Feb 2021 07.03 by Northerner21

Please get tested to see if you are vitamin D defficient, some people cannot absorb vitamin d normally which could be hereditary, but there are other supplements that can help with that.

Posted Sun 21 Feb 2021 13.03 by SharonG

Treatment Thread by Notherners21 Here it is peeps :) Very Informative thanks @Notherners21 https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=3842&pid=19545#post19545

Posted Tue 2 Mar 2021 14.38 by fallon1983

@SharonG - Since your recommendation on th 20 Feb, my Paris has been eating blueberries every day, a handful a day. I cannot express to you how much we appreciate the time you took to tell us about them. On the fifth day after starting this experiment, me and her noticed that the redness and extra skin has reduced a lot. Now, on the tenth day, even more of a difference can be seen....it is improving her every day and we continue to stock up on the BB's. We would like to thank you, not just on here by typing, we would like to send you a card and flowers as the advice you gave no doctor or even my own mum has ever suggested to me before. It seems that we have unnecessarily been suffering for years, when such a small difference can clear the skin. Our thanks is infinite, your kindness is inspiring. her next dermatology appointment is on the 9th march, I will ask the doctor why they do not advise this treatment, instead of gibing creams which don't really make a difference. I will now pass on this news to anyone suffering with psoriasis as you did with us. Regards, Fallon and Paris xxx

Posted Tue 2 Mar 2021 15.16 by SharonG

@fallon1983 Aww no thanks needed - really - just so happy to pass on information in the hope that it helps in some way - I am just so pleased for you both - sometimes we don't know about things that are out there until somebody shares the information - blueberries are so worth a try - don't you worry about sending a card or flowers your thanks here are enough - but really no thanks are needed - just keep popping back and letting us know how you are going on - it may help somebody else. All the very best to you both. :) I don't know why Dr's don't look for alternatives - they are too quick to give out medication - it's great if it works but sometimes it is not the best - but please do not ignore your doctors advice - they are the experts not me - I was at the point where I would try anything non medical - I tried the blueberries and so far so good - it is such a small thing to change and add to your diet, Kindest Regards back to you. Sharon x

Posted Wed 3 Mar 2021 18.10 by Northerner21

The above is great to read, makes me feel happy. You're a good person Sharon

Posted Wed 3 Mar 2021 19.00 by SharonG

@Northerner21 Aww thank you - you are too kind - always happy to help anyone who is suffering with the dreaded 'P' - that is why these forums are so good for sharing experiences - I am so Happy for Fallon & Paris - long may the relief continue. Hope you are well too :) Had my vaccine on Sunday - Hubby has his tomorrow - just hope it helps us to get back to some form of normality SOON!! To be honest I was dreading a flare up of 'P' from the vaccine but so far so good :) I had the AstraZeneca one. Fingers crossed :) Take care and stay safe :)

To take part, sign in or register with us