Humira Injections & Covid Injection

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2021 12.05 by Dutson71
Since I was 5yrs old

Hi All I have been taking Humira Injections for PA for a few years now after trying methotrexate among many other meds. As this is an immunosuppressive does anyone know if that means it puts those taking under this first roll out for Covid injection as cannot get to speak to docs or anyone about it. From what info I can find, as it is a biologic med its classed as a medium/high risk even though messes with immune system so not sure. Just be nice to know if anyone knows. Cheers and stay well and safe. :)

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2021 14.04 by murmurmountain

Hi Dutson71, I have found this article on the net, with regard to your injections. It advises you contact the person who prescribed the medication re Covid Vaccine. https://www.southcountyhealth.org/about-south-county-health/news/covid-19-vaccine-information-q-a- I have highlighted the relevant paragraph. Hope this helps. take care Jane

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2021 16.24 by Dutson71
Since I was 5yrs old

Cheers for sending over the information Jane really appreciate it 👍 Unfortunately I am unable to open the link 😞

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2021 18.52 by Waffs

Hi Dutson71, I am also on Humira injection 40mg every two weeks and I also take methotrexate orally 20 mg every week. I am due my Pfizer jab on Thursday and I too was worried about continuing with the drugs whilst having the jab. I spoke to my Rhuemy consultant and he advised to continue as normal e.g. still keep taking the Humira and Methotrexate and also have the Pfizer jab. Hope this is of some help. Waffs

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2021 20.03 by Dutson71
Since I was 5yrs old

Cheers for that Waff much appreciated. I am no longer on methotrexate, cyclosporine just the Humira and other painkillers so guess I won’t be in this roll out. Stay safe, onwards and upwards 👍

Posted Tue 2 Feb 2021 22.04 by murmurmountain

Hi Dutson71 I have copied the paragraph for you; Can I get the vaccine if I take Humira? Please contact the provider who prescribes Humira (or any other medication of concern) and discuss the risks and benefits. Hope this helps you. All the best Jane

Posted Wed 3 Feb 2021 09.37 by Dutson71
Since I was 5yrs old

Thank you Jane really appreciate it and looks like it’s not time for me yet, even though immune suppressive but hey ho wait my time. Take care x

Posted Wed 3 Feb 2021 11.23 by murmurmountain

Dutson71, No problem at all. You take care Jane xxx

Posted Wed 3 Feb 2021 13.55 by Mac

I got in touch with my rheumatologist nurse, and asked her the same question, should i take my bio and MtX before going for the vaccine. She told me that my consultant was advising not too take them the week before going for the injection, but not too worry if i did.

To take part, sign in or register with us