My 12 year olds treatment

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 10.15 by Tracyjane

Hi so my 12 year old son developed psoriasis all over his body & head March last year. He has been referred & given enstilar. It worked fior a while & then stopped. They have now asked me to think about synthetic treatment. I am scared stiff, he’s so young is it safe.

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 10.22 by scarletsmummy

believe me Psoriasis has no age limits and is an awful thing to have , i have had it for nearly 35 years and it never goes away cos i have found the older i get the more stubborn it is so if a Dermatologist has prescribed another treatment then i would at least give it a go Enstilar is a potent steroid so I would not worry to much about using anything else and with psoriasis its trial and error to find relief as there is no know cure completely

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 11.29 by bargainlovingmum

Dear Tracyjane, I'm so sorry you are your son are going through that. Distressing for you both. I don't know if you're in the UK, but if so, that timing fits with the lockdowns starting, which may be a contributing factor..? I find things happening in my life affects my psoriasis. I really recommend Dr Pagano's two books on psoriasis. You can get them online. He has helped a lot of young people in your son's situation, and it gives you other things you can try to help with other treatments you are doing, too. All the very best with things

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 12.06 by Tracyjane

Thankyou I will look these books up now. I’m not keen on the idea of tablets or injections but I don’t want him suffering 😥

Posted Mon 8 Feb 2021 17.15 by LenRa
First plaque in 2018

Going to the doctor will give you prescription things to try. But because there's no cure, you should also look into the natural soothing/reducing remedies we've been exploring (discussed throughout the site). Coal tar ointment (slows skin growth) and raw coconut oil (moisturizes and protects) have done a lot for me in keeping the condition under control and minimizing unpleasant symptoms from one or two bad plaques. I have also had some success with TCA skin-peel acid when a plaque has no raw spots. Used correctly once a month, it can really smooth out the worst bumpy-itchy places.

Posted Mon 8 Feb 2021 19.50 by Tracyjane

I would rather use something non steroid or natural but it seems his is quite stubborn although he has no scales just red patches. I have been given dovonex as well but I think that might be steroid as well

To take part, sign in or register with us