From 95% covered to 99% clear in 3 months. My story and treatment.

Posted Fri 28 May 2021 20.25 by Kelly90

Ow wow, that sounds good! Great that its working for you too. Tomorrow I begin with the cod liver oil, and take some extra vitamin D (I already take them, but not in combination with the cod liver oil). If I dont see any difference in some weeks I take vitamin K as well. I hope it works!!

Posted Sat 5 Jun 2021 06.42 by Mary1968 (edited Sat 5 Jun 2021 06.48 by Mary1968)

Hello All Bit of a long post, so I apologize in advance After reading this thread, just thought I would add my two pence worth I am presently 100% clear of psoriasis Been pretty much clear for about 13 years now, after suffering chronically and continually prior for 40 years. I am NOT cured by any means, but I am clear (i.e.) To look at me you cannot see any psoriasis Had a very small flare up on my forehead a few months ago from eating too much peanutbutter and too much cheese too often over several weeks, but that cleared up pretty quickly after I stopped eating them, and added Marine Collagen, Vitamin D3, Zinc and Vitamin C to the daily routine again after a few months break (I take breaks from supplements every so often). Well I actually particularly added the Vitamin D3, Zinc and Vitamin C in preparation for improved immune health in winter, but since they are all hugely beneficial for psoriasis, they assisted with the additional healing and repair, once I stopped eating the peanutbutter and cheese. Anyway, the point of my post is to say, years ago whilst I was first clearing I took Vitamin D3 around 2000IU to 6000IU daily. Along with that, I was also taking a couple of high-strength fish oil capsules daily too. I tried the straight oil, but found it made me gag, so I had to take a capsule instead. If you can tolerate the oil, it is the better option I believe. I found the combination (along with diet modifications), hugely beneficial, and started to see positive clearance after using for a number of months. I went to my doctor for a blood test and he said my Vitamin D levels were fine. But naughty naughty I ignored him, and took my naturopaths advice instead and started supplementing. Given that my doctor also told me diet and supplements would not work for psoriasis (and they did), I am sooooooooo glad I ignored his advice :) I cannot remember the exact dosage (we are talking 13 years ago after all) but I am pretty sure it was around 5000IU daily in winter and 2000IU daily for maintenance in summer. On a different note, Marine Collagen wasn't readily available when I was clearing, so I never tried it back then. I only introduced it as a supplement a few years ago for other unrelated reasons. However, I am reading a lot of anecdotal reports on different forums, of it clearing psoriasis With that in mind, I think the following supplements are worth a try - either singularly or combined - for attempting to clear psoriasis: Vitamin D3 Marine Collagen Zinc Vitamin C Fish Oil With the fish oil, get a good quality one sourced from cold water deep sea fish. Get from your naturopath or a health food store. Make sure it has certification that been tested for being free of mercury and heavy metals. Best to get a low-reflux one if you can, as otherwise you may burp up fish oil all day.........I speak from experience on that point! It will probably take several months (maybe 3 - 9 months) to start seeing really good positive results, so be patient and consistent with your efforts. From memory, I think I started to see good results after about 12 weeks. Not sure if any of this will be beneficial for you, but it certainly helped me Good luck

Posted Fri 1 Oct 2021 21.40 by buw87pi

Hi, i'm reading this post and i think imma try vitamin d with k2 mk7 , with magnesium. I got here from this post https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=1314&page=49 hopefully i will see improvement. I've got psoriasis for over 10 years, and it worsened with medication and chemical treatment. UVB worsened it too and i got super dry skin because of it. I got a really bad dermatologist who didn't care about me and didn't tell me anything about moisturizing my skin and putting sun screen before UVB. Yeah that was stupid to think the doctor would tell me anything i needed to know to do UVB. Now i regret doing it but i still try to heal. I won't never try medication from doctors like dovobet and so on. I took too many corticoid, and such for ove 10 years. My condition got worse. Now trying natural treamtent. I suffer from it but i still got hope

Posted Sun 4 Sep 2022 16.26 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

I have found that even just 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day has made a difference, though its not an instant effect and can take several weeks to start having effect. The severe psoriasis on my knuckles is going away...where it had been progressively getting worse and spread down my hand. The psoriasis is also slowly disappearing from the rest of me.

Posted Thu 2 Feb 2023 11.07 by pdashford

I'm so glad I have just come across this post. I've had Psoriasis for about a year now and been struggling to get it under control. I have some creams and scalp ointment which when taken does help but find applying it to me hands for example makes them very red. I've never really thought about using the vitamins to control it, so I have purchased the 10,000 D3 from nu u nutrition and looking forward to see the results. It's a condition that I hate, my wife is constantly saying 'stop picking' but when it gets dry you just want to pick it off. Leaving loads of dried skin around the house and on my clothes so I feel a new sense to try something different and get this in control, Thank you this has been a great help and I now feel that there is something I can do about this!

Posted Thu 2 Feb 2023 11.52 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

I increased my Vitamin D to 3000 IU a day. What I find is...it doesn't make the psoriasis go away completely but it does reduce the severity quite a lot. There is far less scaliness. I then can use Dovobet on specific areas and that has eliminated some patches completely. So its really a case of the vitamin D getting the patches down to a level where the Dovobet can really have effect. By the way....don't ever scratch or pick at scales. Its not just that it makes it bleed, but that the bleeding can itself trigger the body's immune system and cause a psoriasis flare up. That is the main reason doctors tell you not to pick at it.

Posted Thu 2 Feb 2023 13.02 by pdashford

Hi, thanks for the response, yes I'm hoping to see an improvement, yes I've picked and then they just bleed :-( I must stop picking! I have Zerobase cream to apply and Dovobet. I find the scalp oil just dry's my head but it i use the Dovobet it really loosens it on the scalp but then a nightmare to get all of the loose bits out of my hair

Posted Mon 8 May 2023 18.04 by Faze284

@northerner21 I have recently joined due to having a massive flare up of psorisis, which for the last 15 years has been not existent. I believe my flare up is due to stress. It started around October 2021 on my scalp and has now spread to the majority of my body, except my hands and feet. I have seen a dermatologist who by the sounds of it has given me similar options to yourself. Light therapy and methotrexate, the latter which I am keen to avoid. I was hoping to get an update regarding your condition, and if it has remained at bay with supplement usage? I have ordered vitamin D3 10000iu and vitamin K, I was also wondering which multivitamin you take along side the supplements? All the posts on this thread give me hope I can treat and in time clear my psorisis. Thank you all.

Posted Thu 18 May 2023 16.02 by pdashford (edited Thu 18 May 2023 16.03 by pdashford)

Hi @northerner21 i tried the vit d supplement's and they have made the scales more smoother however it's not really taken effect. I've book a private consultant with one of Dr Emma's consultants at 1 WellBeck. Take a look at the "Bad Skin Clinic" episodes on T.V they do an amazing job in helping Psoriasis patients with amazing results. So I thought that instead of going through the various NHS issues with getting consultations, restrictions in what they can prescribe that I'd go straight to the top and hopefully, fingers crossed will get some answers and path to managing it. Will keep you posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFOuDSijvM

Posted Wed 24 May 2023 09.14 by Ianhski

Just 2 links regarding Vitamin D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3_t-EQIy0s&pp=ygUaZHIgam9obiBjYW1wYmVsbCB2aXRhbWluIGQ%3D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFxQJmvgXOQ&pp=ygUWZHIgZXJpYyBiZXJnIHZpdGFtaW4gZA%3D%3D Dr Eric Berg also has a number of posts on YouTube relating to Psoriasis and I know that we sufferers will try ANYTHING to get rid of it. I would submerge myself in petrol if I though it would cure my Psoriasis and I am not a serious sufferer, indeed I think things are improving. I take 12000 IU (3 x 4000 IU tabs) a day I have my own UVB light unit - not needed so much now I am currently also enjoying a Keto diet and Intermittent fasting which is bringing weight down, has given me increased energy* and I think has contributed to improved skin. Improved energy is not just a feeling, my running times for Park run weekly 5K have improved relatively significantly almost as soon as I started Keto - which unfortunately also included virtually zero alcohol!

Posted Sun 11 Jun 2023 09.11 by pdashford

Hi all. I thought I would update everyone if they’re interested. So after 4 years of having severe Psoriasis I decided to go private and see a top consultant. I want to see Dr Ellie of OneWellBack, she was amazing, took the time to understand the current condition, trigger points and lifestyle. Then she looked at my condition and what current treatments I was taking. My current treatments were Zero Base, Dovobet and Cetraben. These helped but did not shift the scaling or reduce the inflammation, to the point it would live of some of the scaling and then I would pick it to try and remove it which resulted in blooding, and this usually happened at night so the bed sheets and pillows usually had lot of blood stains on which was quite embarrassing. After looking at my condition Dr Ellie said that my scaling was quite thick so the steroid part of Dovobet was not getting to my skin as it could not penetrate through the scaling, hence why if I picked it off it was still attached to the skin. The outcome was that I would need to move to the tablets in order to get a full hold over the condition but I don’t feel in a position to go through all of the blood tests and potential side effects at present. So we decided to keep with the topical treatments initially to get a hold of the condition and get it into a more manageable state. I was prescribed Diprosalic Ointment and Scalp Solution. Dr Ellie advised that this is used for thinking scaling and would be able to penetrate right through. Well WOW within 2 weeks of using these my scalp is clear and all of my scales are no longer there. It’s taking a little longer on my hands but all of the rest of my body the scaling has gone and no just flat red marks which are also now fading, so a massive different. The ointment went straight through the scaling and lifted it off and the steroid is now getting to the skin to reduce the inflammation. It’s so nice to be able to brush my hair without catching a scale and to feel more confident showing my arms and legs that people do not look at the built up scales. My PASI score was calculated at 13.9 I hope this helps, for me this change in treatments was a complete game changer! Regards Paul

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 19.57 by Mandy

I've suffered with plaque psoriasis for around 30 years and last summer after a really bad tooth infection I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks with Erythredermic psoriasis so I recognise all the symptoms you've described. As a result of the doctors starting me on high dose cyclosporine I first got covid, then MRSA so they changed me to Acetretin. In a couple of weeks dermatologist is starting me on Imraldi injections. They've told me to stop taking Acetretin now but I'm worried in case my skin flares up like last year. Does anyone have advice on how long after stopping Acetretin my skin will stay in it's current state .... pink, blotchy and flaky although not currently peeling off in sheets ..... I just don't want to risk going back to where I was last year?

To take part, sign in or register with us