Light therapy

Posted Sun 7 Mar 2021 10.33 by 9dartkid

Hello everyone I'm thinking of buying a mini light unit but I'm a little confused regarding getting the right lights. I've seen that Philips lights are really the only ones worth getting but my question is, does anyone know anything about the PL01 36w light ? I've seen this advertised but I can't find any info about it online any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 13.35 by Leadav31

Hello, I looked into this and they don’t seem to be highly reviewed. I have seen my consultant today and I’m getting it finally on NHS but the waiting time is quite a while. He suggested checking out clear skin, they have branches across the UK and offer private photo light therapy and it’s around £30 a session. I’d recommend looking into this as people I know who have had this treatment have found it life changing 😊 Hope it gets better for you soon, I know how awful the struggle is! Leanne x

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 18.12 by Moggy1

Hello everyone Great news Leanne that you are finally getting light therapy on the NHS I am also waiting for light therapy and have been told it will be a long wait sadly. Do you know if clear skin have clinics in Yorkshire as I can only find one in Cardiff I am also thinking of buying a handheld at home lamp but am nervous of doing it myself . It’s a difficult path we walk. Take care everyone 😊

To take part, sign in or register with us