First Appointment

Posted Sun 14 Mar 2021 14.11 by EQ

I’ve been diagnosed with Psoriasis since 13 years old, now 25 and have been suffering with my joints since around the age of 16. Finally been listened to by Doctors and have my first Rheumatology appointment on the 15th April so looking for some advice! • How did your first appointment go? • What kind of things should I prepare? I’m currently taking Humira which has changed my psoriasis completely but regarding my joints, nothing has helped and seems to be getting worse. Would I have the option of trying another medication with Humira? Or would it be a complete change over?

Posted Mon 15 Mar 2021 04.51 by otwoseventooo

Hello EQ, 'First appointment' is a great topic to feed the curiosity, I think. It is getting interesting to learn from others from their experiences/inquisitiveness. I got confused with timeline you mentioned - 13yrs, now 25, 15th April first appointment. Hard to sum-up the position. Anyway, the first and core of my thoughts for you - The Therapist, the best one to learn from who should prepare his/her patient My first appointment (after diagnosis) went well, the therapist was a nice person and gave confidence with his counselling, (of course, I was asking him a lot too). He gave me an idea about biologics treatment (like Humira), if the traditional treatment is not effective. I am continuing on my methotrexate plan, observing the skin (psoriatic flares) are in control and reduced arthritic flares. I am observing/studying my arthritic flares reduced to certain level and not going down from there. perhaps the dosage & term to be reassessed on my next visit to doctors. I just learned how expensive is Humira, I think i wont be able to afford. I hope my words help you. Take care, try expand your consciousness to null the illness. Best wishes.

To take part, sign in or register with us