Cosentyx

Posted Thu 18 Mar 2021 20.45 by Davieg74

Can I ask those on cosentyx how easy was it to get the nhs to agree to put you on it as I’m having a lot of hassle with this as the hospital wants to put me back methotrexate. Not happy to do this as it caused quite some damage to my liver the last time any advice welcome

Posted Thu 18 Mar 2021 21.00 by Heather

I just asked my consultant and I was given it. If you think its suitable I cant see why not. Important to stand your ground. Good luck

Posted Thu 18 Mar 2021 23.37 by Davieg74

Thank you Heather For reply I am dealing with Monklands Hospital in Lanarkshire Scotland told the consultant it was what I wanted as I’ve used other forms of biologics that did not suit one being Methotrexate these caused me lots of problems but this is what they are pushing me to take again. Are you Nhs Scotland or Nhs England ?

Posted Fri 19 Mar 2021 08.10 by Heather

I am NHS England I have tried most biologics I am on Tremfya now and great results. I really hope you get sorted . I wouldn't accept Methotrexate. I'm lucky Good luck and please let me know how you get on take care

Posted Fri 19 Mar 2021 16.50 by Davieg74

Can I ask Heather how long did it take from seeing the consultant to actually starting on cosentyx. I ask as I’ve been sent for bloods as normal but now have to get the flu jag and pneumonia jag first prior to commencing on anything. And the covid jag need to wait ten days after the other two though

Posted Fri 19 Mar 2021 19.37 by Heather

I started my tremfya about a year ago but was on cosentyx but had to wait about a month for it to get out my system before starting on Tremfya Good luck with your consultant I feel lucky to have tried a lot of the biologics

To take part, sign in or register with us