Genital Treatment

Posted Sun 21 Mar 2021 17.26 by Billy2018

Hi, I have recently started getting psoriasis in my groins and genital area. I have been able to manage it with moisturiser but more recently it has got worse and really uncomfortable. I like to run and it is effecting my running due to being uncomfortable. I have given up with GPs and dermatologists because every visit they tell me my psoriasis isn’t bad and not to worry... Has anyone used any treatments on the genital area (male) that has helped? If so I will look to buy off my pharmacy Thanks Billy

Posted Mon 22 Mar 2021 16.41 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 24 Mar 2021 23.11 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Billy: I suffer from a mix of psoriasis and fungal infection in my groin. I found that Trimovate was the most effective. After a shower, I first dry my groin with kitchen roll rather than a towel- this can reduce the chances of spreading any fungal element. An aquaintance of mine uses a hair-dryer for this. I used trimovatre and ensure it is well rubbed in and absorbed. Then I apply a medicated anti-fungal powder. Once the outbreak has cleared up I stop using trimovate or any creams, and concentrate on drying my groin thoroughly and apply an anti-fungal powder eg daktarin. I find I get far better outcomes by keeping my groin as dry as possible rather than keeping a warm-moist area for fungal infection to kck-off. I have now gone from an outbreak every 4-5 weeks for a couple of years, to no outbreak for 12 months.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 2021 23.12 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Perrymuir: no, warts are caused by well understood viruses, sometimes sexually transmitted. Psoriasis is not.

Posted Mon 29 Mar 2021 22.18 by Billy2018

Hi OhNo_NotAgain? Does this clear up the red patches and stop the itchiness? Thanks Billy

Posted Tue 30 Mar 2021 06.34 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Billy: yes, it has done for me.

Posted Mon 5 Apr 2021 21.46 by Margo Jawad

I use Silkis for the groin area, problem is its not always available, there seems to be supply issues

Posted Fri 9 Apr 2021 21.08 by Cinny333

Makes me angry how dismissive they are about the effect on quality of life. Try not having sex because its too painful. I have used steroid cream I know you are not supposed too but eh. I have also used silkis in the past. In my experience nothing keeps it away for long.

To take part, sign in or register with us