Dovobet

Posted Thu 25 Mar 2021 10.08 by Misty

Hi all, I’ve recently had a Zoom call with a dermatologist who has changed my meds. I have parmaplanta pustulosis on hands and feet and plaque on legs and scalp. I’ve now been prescribed Zeroderm ointment and Dovobet. After reading the paperwork with Dovobet I’m pretty worried about using it. Has anyone had any experience of using it. I’ve an X-ray booked for Monday before new treatment, whatever that’ll be.

Posted Thu 25 Mar 2021 10.32 by scarletsmummy

as with most of these lotions Dovobet is a steroid lotion I have used it will little effect for years and have recently changed over to Elocon liquid which for the first time in 30 years has almost cleared my scalp

Posted Thu 25 Mar 2021 16.07 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Misty, I have used dovobet ointment (the translucent gel) as needed for several years, everywhere on my body except my scalp. I have found it VERY effective. I have never used a steroid on my scalp (first experience of psoriasis was in 1980). What in particular is worrying you about using Dovobet? By the way, it is good that you read the leaflet with it, so few people bother to read about medications they are prescribed or buy.

Posted Thu 25 Mar 2021 18.02 by Misty

Hi Ohno, For a start I’ve been told only use it for four weeks and no more. Paperwork says do not use if diabetic, I am diabetic. Wash hands well, but I have palmaplanta on my hands. It mentions blurred vision, as it is my eye sight isn’t brilliant. Maybe I’m just being over sensitive?

Posted Thu 25 Mar 2021 18.54 by dcncway

I have been using Dovobet for a long time now and find it very good.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 2021 09.06 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Misty, I would recommend to have another call with your dermatologist to discuss your very valid concerns. They should go through these with you. Example: Most, if not all, topical steroid treatments commonly used for psoriasis warn about use on the face or near the eyes. A doctor/dermatologist treating someone MIGHT descide to use the steroid for the face - but usually they will advise you to use it very sparingly, and will monitor you more closely or more often than usual. I had a patch of psoriasis on one eyelid and I applied a steroid like dovobet. I got the faintest smear on my little finger, just enough to look shiny and applied it once or twice in a week. I did this after dicsussing with my GP. It cleared the psoriasis there. Dovobet and other steroids CAN damage your eyesight if you get it too close or in the eye (and I think regular use close to the eye is risky). Many of the warnings on the patient leaflets for many treatments, are to try to prevent patiernts over-using, or incorrectly using WITHOUT medical involvement.

To take part, sign in or register with us