Methotrexate

Posted Wed 28 Apr 2021 15.43 by Misty

Hi I have just been prescribed Methorexate, although have not received my prescription as yet. How do others get on with this medication?

Posted Wed 28 Apr 2021 15.50 by scarletsmummy

I had a course of Methotrexate but it did not agree with me , I had the most awful nausea and i suffered hair loss on my entire body ( i did when i had acitretin as well ) I hope you find some relief from it but i suggest you read some of the possible side effects of any drugs before taking them

Posted Wed 28 Apr 2021 16.35 by Sianjw

Hi, I have been on methotrexate for two years now and it has helped so much! I had psoriasis all over my body and was red raw, UV treatment and GP prescribed treatments had not helped at all. But methotrexate has been amazing for me. If you are worried about it talk to your doctor about dosage, and go for plenty of blood tests, that way if there is any issues they will catch it quickly for you. But i have had no issues at all for the full two years. At the start i got blood test at the GP every 2 weeks, and now im down to every six weeks. I hope it helps you as much as it has for me

Posted Wed 28 Apr 2021 20.55 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I had ten relatively good years on Mtx. Just a matter of changing lifestyle to adapt to the drug and its side effects if you get any. I took it late at night so I could sleep off much of the nausea. Drink plenty of water and take you folic acid as prescribed. Good luck.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 2021 03.15 by Yacht

There was a medical presentation last year at the IAS 2020 summit in the US, which suggested the likelihood of achieving PASI 90 (90% clearance) for psoriasis via oral methotrexate (by mouth) was just 9% (nine). For comparison, something like injected risankizumab (e.g. Skyrizi) was said likely to achieve PASI 90 at a rate of 75%.

To take part, sign in or register with us