Chemo

Posted Sun 30 May 2021 13.56 by veggie perrin

I have had psoriasis for 35 years, not too bad just joints really but makes me very self conscious. 3 years ago I was very poorly and was finally diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and started chemo. My psoriasis cleared up straight away. I stopped the chemo part of my treatment 6 months ago and now are on a monthly monoclonal antibody maintenance treatment. My psoriasis has returned now my immune system has stop being suppressed. Just thought I would share the experience. Take care people.

Posted Tue 1 Jun 2021 16.30 by Moggy1

Hi veggie Perrin Hope your treatment continues to go well I have heard of other people who have had the same clearance as you during chemotherapy

1 Posted Wed 2 Jun 2021 04.41 by Yacht

Glad you are getting better. Quite a few psoriasis treatments are (basically) chemotherapy. For example, methotrexate. In a way, without trivialising two terrible conditions, psoriasis is like a mild "cancer". It starts as a tiny red spot, can spread uncontrollably, can swamp the whole body, and can (significantly) reduce life expectancy by years. Always surprised the medical world does not take psoriasis (much) more seriously. It can harm the entire body, from the toenail to the brain. Psoriasis is not just red itchy skin.

Posted Thu 3 Jun 2021 21.12 by veggie perrin

Thanks for the replies guys

To take part, sign in or register with us