Axisbiotix- Probiotic Therapy for Psoriasis

Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 10.14 by webandgilly

Chrissy, what a good question. No, I don't take anything - no treatments/prescriptions, vitamin supplements, medicines, herbal/homeopathics. Nothing. The occasional ibuprofen is about it. And my diet's fairly standard and healthy. I'm not a vegan/vegetarian nor am i gluten intolerant and there are no real allergies to talk about.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 10.18 by lizziep

webandgilly - what were you using to control your psoriasis before you took the supplement?

Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 10.57 by webandgilly

lizzie, just vaseline and when flare-ups happen I have a bath with Epsom salts. Have tried endless other stuff/creams that didn't work and am open to anything as long as it's not steroid-based. That's why I jumped all over Axisbiotix/probiotics - something natural without side-effects.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.06 by lizziep (edited Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.08 by lizziep)

Ah - you must have exceedingly mild. psoriasis. Lucky you!!

1 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.09 by Chrissy

Many thanks webandgilly. Lizzie, Do you think that you may be taking something that's having a negative impact on the supplement? Anitbiotics, maybe? Are you taking the supplement with hot water? Just trying to understand how we can get a glowing response by one poster, and a neutral (negative?) response from you. It may just be that more time is needed, as you mentioned earlier.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.15 by lizziep (edited Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.17 by lizziep)

Chrissy, I'm fortunate to have nothing wrong with me except psoriasis - very good immune system!!! webandgilly has very mild psoriasis in that he can contemplate using nothing at all. That will be the difference. Also you only have to glance at these forums to realise that what suits one person does nothing for another. and what suits for a while then stops working. The glory of this strange affliction. Are you from the company? - I'm interested, not criticising as I am happy to discuss. I will continue another month and no, not using hot water.. PS - I don't think it is a. negative effect - I most certainly wouldnt lay a flare up at the door of a food supplement .

1 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.38 by lizziep (edited Fri 10 Dec 2021 13.44 by lizziep)

Toyin - Are there competitors?! I wish I did - at 77 it would be great to have a job! Experience of having psoriasis has told me that something works until it doesn't. I was actually happy to talk to Chrissy if she was from the company, rather than an investor or user, as presumably she would actually be interested in my reaction for real reasons.

1 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 11.40 by lizziep (edited Fri 10 Dec 2021 13.44 by lizziep)

Toyin - saying something works for a while and then doesn't isn't a criticism of your food supplement - just a statement on psoriasis

1 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 12.04 by lizziep (edited Fri 10 Dec 2021 13.45 by lizziep)

Treatments stop working in general, but not this for me as it hasn't started working yet! I think you and I have talked enough, though, don't you, Toyin?!

2 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 12.05 by Chrissy

Lizzie, No. I'm not "from the company". I'm interested in your reaction, but by your definition, not for "real reasons" unfortunately.

1 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 12.07 by lizziep (edited Fri 10 Dec 2021 12.31 by lizziep)

Thanks, Chrissy. - you did seem interested rather than resentful - I'm getting a tad tired of being attacked. I don't recall that happening on any other thread..

3 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 13.11 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 11 Dec 2021 09.57 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Chrissy: i am surprised that you seem unable to understand "how we can get a glowing response by one poster, and a neutral (negative?) response from [Lizziep] " 1. This is somewhat typical of many treatments tried or suggested for psoriasis. I do not see why it could not also be true for this food supplement. 2. During the consumer led trials, not all respondents gave glowing responses, so why should that change now? Some admitted seeing very little improvement or only slight or imagined improvement (eg "I think it is itching less") and some never even completed the study. 3. The tone of your post at 11:09 today seems to suggest that if someone is not experiencing results that lead to "a glowing response" then they MUST be doing something wrong, and are unable to follow the instructions for how to take this product. Generally speaking, there seems to be an almost religious zeal from some posters to this thread who seem unable to maintain any objectivity, or even to accept it from others. For myself (obviously), I find it useful to read of different experiences with this and many other treatments, protocols or things tried as potential treatments.

2 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 14.19 by Chrissy

OhNo_NotAgain?, I'm just following a logical sequence in my mind (premise -> action/argument -> result/conclusion). Premise - Scientific research from the University of Manchester shows that psoriasis symptoms are associated with high levels of Interleukin-17 and leaky gut (among other things). Action/Argument - Imbibe a blend of bacteria which is designed to reduce IL-17 and 'enhance the gut barrier' (among other things). Result/Conclusion - Psoriasis symptoms are reduced. I'm simply trying to reconcile the two reactions (one extremely positive and one neutral) in my mind. Obviously, the first reaction supports the above and the second doesn't........yet.

1 Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 16.47 by lizziep

Are you a researcher, Chrissy? That would be genuinely interesting.

2 Posted Sat 11 Dec 2021 05.02 by Chrissy

Lizzie, No, sorry I'm not a researcher, so don't qualify as being "genuinely interesting" I'm afraid.

4 Posted Sat 11 Dec 2021 10.11 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 12 Dec 2021 08.03 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Chrissy: 2 additions to your "logical" sequence: - NON-INDEPENDENT research at the University of Manchester. Possible funding from the parent company of Axisbiotic as one of the researchers was a director of said company until quite recently in the lifecycle of this product, and may still have a financial interest in the company. This does not mean any research is not valid, but independent scientific studies often carry more weight than sponsored research where there is a potential vested interest in results supporting something that can be marketed by THAT sponsor. Context is always important. Academic independence is quite desirable. Potential conflict of interest is also important. - To date, no independent or clinical study to support the hypothesis or provide "results" that psoriasis symptoms are reduced by this specific product.

2 Posted Sat 11 Dec 2021 10.29 by ode

Hello, 3rd week of taking axisbiotix every morning. Nothing to change. Except for my intestinal comfort, from my first week. Not worse, not better. @To all, if we could simply collect, in all modesty and humility, the people who really test. We're not idiots, we know for a fact that there are marketing people, investors, and lobbyists in this world and in this thread. And probably not doctors, dermatologists, researchers, otherwise they would have declared themselves long ago. Hoping that what they read this thread, can find information that they are useful among all these exchanges. A thought for you, reader not active in this thread ;)

3 Posted Sat 11 Dec 2021 16.55 by lizziep

well said Ode

1 Posted Sat 18 Dec 2021 08.48 by ode

Hello, 4th week, nothing has changed. I'm thinking of having a slight flare-up, but I'm going through a bit of a stressful period right now. I'm still wondering if it's not less red, but I'm not sure. I'll keep going. Have nice Xmas.

1 Posted Sat 18 Dec 2021 09.33 by lizziep

Happy Christmas, Ode.

To take part, sign in or register with us